Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Crypto people are like a cult, and I mean that as a compliment.
These people won't sell. They'll sit on bags for years. I got coins from 2017 I won't even admit to owning.
They'll sell if something moons crazy, but if it drops? They'll just sit on it.
Not like the stock market.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I also think crypto (and the stock market) is keeping inflation low. Imagine all that crypto and stock market cap from the stimulus checks in the economy buying up limited resources and services right now? I know guys that put their PPP Loans into ETF's.

$30B & $50B market cap in stupid dog coins alone. Imagine all that buying up Trulys and gas and leash strings and lattes and toys.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Riding PLA tonight. Another gaming coin.

Hoping it has another explosion like it had last month where it did 400% in a few hours.

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Riding PLA tonight. Another gaming coin.

Hoping it has another explosion like it had last month where it did 400% in a few hours.

Why did you choose this particular coin?

I like how Coin Market Cap lets you vote on how positive or negative you feel about a coin's value that day.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Why did you choose this particular coin?

I like how Coin Market Cap lets you vote on how positive or negative you feel about a coin's value that day.
Technicals.

Been mostly flat for 10+ days.

Last night it finally broke out of range to the upside for 30%, and then pulled back and leveled off slightly higher than previous base. Sometimes an indicator of a test pump when price is flat ... quick pump for 10-20% ... flat again, but higher baseline than previous.

Only 700m supply. I like coins with supply of less than 1b.

Priced less than $2. Compare with any other coin of similar supply on top 100 and it's the lowest priced.

Not listed on Binance yet. Binance listing effect is always a good one.

On very few exchanges. Relatively unknown and low attention, despite being on Coinbase. They don't even have an official reddit page.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
To me this is one of the most interesting things about crypto. Its obvious that its value is derived from nothing more (or less!) than a shared perception of value. And crypto is waking people up to the fact that the dollar is no different!

:cool:

There is no spoon.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
To me this is one of the most interesting things about crypto. Its obvious that its value is derived from nothing more (or less!) than a shared perception of value. And its waking people up to the fact that the dollar is no different.

:cool:

There is no spoon.
So is gold, more or less. It's not like the uses for it keep gold's prices where they are.

Reactions: crustBrother

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
False.

Because of it's specific properties gold has been used as currency, or to back currency, for thousands of years.

The inherent value of gold is less about "looks good" and is more about "easy to use".
Oh well crypto is about eleventy times easier to use than gold. Probably more places accept crypto than gold.

"False, because it's been true for sooo long."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Reminder: Still time to get into the Coinbase sweepstakes. They are giving away a lot of money in USDC coins. No purchase necessary. Somebody has to win, why not take a shot?

Sweepstakes

Rules

• Love
Reactions: crustBrother

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Oh well crypto is about eleventy times easier to use than gold. Probably more places accept crypto than gold.

"False, because it's been true for sooo long."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
No.

False because it's still true (unless the periodic table changes in some way that renders gold obsolete.)

As neither currency is fiat - since gold exists in the physical world and not on blockchain it ultimately still has the upper hand.

I'm not advocating one or the other, I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No.

False because it's still true (unless the periodic table changes in some way that renders gold obsolete.)

As neither currency is fiat - since gold exists in the physical world and not on blockchain it ultimately still has the upper hand.

I'm not advocating one or the other, I'm just stating the reality of the situation.
Yes, you're just stating that literally a rock that's less convenient to use as a currency is better than 21st century currency.

Thanks for clearing that up!

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
No.

These types of statements might have seemed kind of smart in 2014, and there were plenty of people making them.

In 2021 you are loudly proclaiming your ignorance.

Reactions: Aruka

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes, you're just stating that literally a rock that's less convenient to use as a currency is better than 21st century currency.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Again, no - and I am referring to your original statement while you are veering away into something different.

Or perhaps you are unfamiliar with gold's properties that make it easy to use.

I'm saying gold is a physical item with certain inherent properties (physical attractiveness being the least of these) that make it highly usable as currency.

The blockchain is a digital currency without a physical presence.

There are various reasons why both would be attractive, and one is not necessarily better than the other.

However one could make a decent argument for the superiority of gold under certain circumstances, which of course I'm sure could be well argued against.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Again, no - and I am referring to your original statement while you are veering away into something different.

Or perhaps you are unfamiliar with gold's properties that make it easy to use.

I'm saying gold is a physical item with certain inherent properties (physical attractiveness being the least of these) that make it highly usable as currency.

The blockchain is a digital currency without a physical presence.

There are various reasons why both would be attractive, and one is not necessarily better than the other.

However one could make a decent argument for the superiority of gold.
Gold is useful as a semi-conductor. It seems to be more expensive by weight than most of the sh!t used in electronics.

Maybe you can familiarize me with gold's properties that make it useful - other than as a currency.

Because it's use as a currency is people are willing to trade things of value for it.

It's just not as useful as cryptocurrency.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Gold is useful as a semi-conductor. It seems to be more expensive by weight than most of the sh!t used in electronics.

Maybe you can familiarize me with gold's properties that make it useful - other than as a currency.

Because it's use as a currency is people are willing to trade things of value for it.

It's just not as useful as cryptocurrency.
I'm saying it's useful due to usability

At the most archaic level

Due to their physical properties there are limited elements that can be used to coin money.

And from these elements gold was attractive over stuff like platinum and silver, and additionally due to scarcity.

You can do your own research on gold currencies, the rise of silver currency, the accidental conversion to the gold backed currency...blah blah.

It's a bit comical, I know, but at the level of basic civilization it's quite practical and remains so.

But the bottom line is these things exist in the physical world and will continue to exist.

The blockchain can be hacked and corrupted.

And if you've ever worked at a place that's been hacked you could get a good feeling on the relative impermanence of digital items.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm saying it's useful due to usability

At the most archaic level

Due to their physical properties there are limited elements that can be used to coin money.

And from these elements gold was attractive over stuff like platinum and silver, and additionally due to scarcity.

You can do your own research on gold currencies, the rise of silver currency, the accidental conversion to the gold backed currency...blah blah.

It's not totally relevant.

But the bottom line is these things exist in the physical world and will continue to exist.

The blockchain can be hacked and corrupted.
So in conclusion, gold and crypto and everything else under the sun's value is derived from nothing more than the perception of its value.