Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Excellent chart .My intentions were not to sound like a crypto bear, but some cold water on this subject aint a bad conversation.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
For Chart people - is the only info that you use within the chart?
Like are larger factors that potentially contribute to the movements within the chart irrelevant?

I'm not a charts guy (for crypto/stock predicting) - and am genuinely curious. Are charts mostly useful for short term guesses or what's the basis for charting?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
although, in principle, CDA makes full on sense... why is it that, with crypto, it feels like throwing high octane gas on an already hot fire.

:shrug:

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Ghost, I use them as a tool , another perspective on how a stock trades, using stochastics , macd, , rsi indicators can help buy and sell decisions. Each of those shows internal strength or weakness depending on the indicator. Fast stoch are shorter term , macd is more intermediate , and rsi is your relative strength index. The last few years I runa 10 day mva, moving averages and call it my idiot line. It does not show bottoms or tops but the trend is your friend. Pointing up I buy and rolling over I sell , hence my idiot line. So yes invest some time they can help with decisions.

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
The bitcoin players look like the financial rocket scientist that blew Wall Street apart. The cmo s , cdo s , cd swaps AND may I add the 50 x leverage banks had was a nuclear concoction. Fyi , prior to 2000, banks were only allowed 10 x leverage. The parallel ascent of bitcoin came with this collapse as they were fumigated from the street and found crypto heaven. The unregulated security was a dream come true, digital gold . Fibonaci ratios has been popular trading bitcoin fyi.

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Racer, yea the words stop loss can be a brutal lesson. Live to play another day is a great motto ,and use stop loss orders on any item that has gone parabolic.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Ghost, I use them as a tool , another perspective on how a stock trades, using stochastics , macd, , rsi indicators can help buy and sell decisions. Each of those shows internal strength or weakness depending on the indicator. Fast stoch are shorter term , macd is more intermediate , and rsi is your relative strength index. The last few years I runa 10 day mva, moving averages and call it my idiot line. It does not show bottoms or tops but the trend is your friend. Pointing up I buy and rolling over I sell , hence my idiot line. So yes invest some time they can help with decisions.

I get this part.
I'm still curious whether this is just 'short term' stuff or not. And then also what does 'short term' mean as we have charts that are min., hour, 6hr, daily, etc.

from my pov - BTC is here to stay - shitcoins will drift in the wind and news will shape the up to the minute price action.

as a long term guy, the charting stuff seems interesting as a side hustle - though i feel that i'm seeing people advertise the upside of their charted courses muuuuch more than the down. so the question(s) stand:

charting: just short term or is there a case for long term (and what do short/long mean)
charting: voodoo confirmation/sentiment bias or is there more there?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Ghost , do you have an account at Merril Edge ? I think they offer with an account of 100 plus all the technical jive , covering short and long term. Long term per say, they combine hard

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Data with the charts . They are calling for a summer rally in the 1 st year of a presidential cycle,a July gain of 2.5 percent for the Dow and I think spx a tad less. Of course

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
R s chart yesterday has vertical grid I entered yesterday , it looks like a moving avg short term for btc, play around with that . Yes Bit coin is here to stay but a what price?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
@lruc nice to see your thoughts on crypto. however, can you please group or use multiple reply into a single post, rather than post every thought a few minutes apart? There is also an edit button for posts. So you can add new thoughts to previous post if yours is the most recent. :shaka:

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Personally I am done day trading and look at the next few years as a a goal. I use the technicals as enter pts or exit pts as some moves in stocks that would take years , do it in months. The market caps , free cash flow , and debt are the basis for decisions. Look at BAC, XOM, SLB and a WFC as these went thru the ringer , run a bunch of differ plots and some of it is obvious. I type like chit , arthritis , sorry.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I remember when McAfee was doing live streams every day and pumping some alt coin, talking about it like it was the next thing and upcoming news. I'm sure he made more than the reported $2M off dumps.

Reactions: $kully

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
He was pump and dumping coins like crazy in the early days, taking advantage of ton of noobs and idiots who played right into his scams. Supposedly hacked into twitter accounts as well.

He has so many crazy stories, it would take days to post them all. He lived a life straight out of a movie. Which has been written into a screenplay and last I heard, Michael Keaton was suppose to play him in the movie. This was pre covid.