Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Here we are.
The famed $20K support everybody has been talking about since we started dropping from the 60's.
No way it holds.
Got triggers at 19, 18, 15 and 12.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm scared of buying Bitcoin with the Fed tightening heading into a recession. It seems like every signal other than totally illogical support at random base 10 numbers that happen to end in four trailing zeroes indicates weakness.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm scared of buying Bitcoin with the Fed tightening heading into a recession. It seems like every signal other than totally illogical support at random base 10 numbers that happen to end in four trailing zeroes indicates weakness.
That pig still has a lot of blood to drain out.

Reactions: Aruka

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
As a cyrpto ignoramus I have a probably stupid question. As I understand cyrpto is created by figuring super complex mathematical equations, what are these equations used for, is there an customer?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Thought that was where the humor was coming from, so I did laugh...thanks, gallows humor is a great coping mechanism. Yeah, conservatively speaking with today's prices I would have been in the XXXX world of USD if I got it all back. :violin:

Oh well, at least they found some of what I had on one of the other harddrives, which is still not .001% of the total. I am glad I went into it with the idea that it was an experiment on a few levels: linux scripts, individual vs social mining pools, hardware optimization, placating Sweetie-pie on bandwidth demands, and about $7-15 dollars a day extra for electricity.

Edit1: Sorry, have to redact that.

Edit2: I do doubt I would have held it all once it got past $500. Think it was around $200 per when Mt Gox went down.

Edit3:

Thank for keeping that under your hat. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have shared. I didn't think the price would ever get this high.

1 Am in the "X" group....so far only group Z has theirs:
1655500861352.png

2 No news since Valentine's Day :cursing:

3 At this rate, I might get them back at the price when I was mining them myself :cursing: :violin::roflmao: (stages of grief)

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
As a cyrpto ignoramus I have a probably stupid question. As I understand cyrpto is created by figuring super complex mathematical equations, what are these equations used for, is there an customer?

Spacex uses the answers to these equations to figure out how to bring their rockets back from Space to a precise landing location.

I believe that uber uses them for surge pricing calculations as well

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
watching the bid dump unfold for the past hour, it's been entertaining. seems like they always plan this while most are sleeping back in the states

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
watching the bid dump unfold for the past hour, it's been entertaining. seems like they always plan this while most are sleeping back in the states
Yes, a lot of major moves happen when US is asleep. The general consensus is UK whales / institutions doing these big moves while US is asleep because it's easier to push around market. And London is known to dump the markets on their open, then buying the dip and riding it up again. They seem to do this a lot.

There is almost no support between 17k until 12k.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Minor support zone between 22 and 24k, we spent 6 days in this zone, on the way up. And we spent 3 days in this zone on the way down.

Now we're in a new support zone between 16.5 and 20k. We spent 30 days in this zone on the way up. We should definitely range here for a bit and get some swings.

1655559132566.png

Reactions: Aruka