Where do you buy your coffee?

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
A company I used to work for had free Starbucks on every floor. I was hooked! After I left, I refused to pay such outrageous prices for coffee and switched to anything that was cheap at the grocery store. Recently, my wife picked up a bottle of coffee concentrate from T.J.'s and it's pretty damn good. 2 to 1 ratio with water or milk and it has a very light coconut flavor to it. You can mix it hot or cold :beer:

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
silentbutdeadly said:
Havoc4k said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Used to drink Peets or whatever was on sale at Vons or trader joes but have recently been turned on to local roasters. I'm fvcked.

I buy from:
-Bird Rock Coffee roasters
-Mostra
-James

I even got a pour over setup that I've previously made fun of.

I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for my last bag of beans :foreheadslap:
Have u considered a curly moustache to complete the look?
I have no comeback because you're right.
yeah, but can you grow a mustache yet? :trout: :monkey:

ShiverMeTimbers

Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Ethiopian Yergachaffe pour-over from 10-Speed Coffee Roasters, served at Kickstand Cafe in Hood River is the bomb.

Also, I found my favorite latte ever in Port Townsend at Velocity. Triple small, please.

My wife works with Starbucks corporate, so we support the brand here at home.

When we lived in SD, I loved Cafe Moto.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
i :roflmao: at americans and their :coffee: .... mostly cause you all so funny,

true story, my nephew comes to stay all the way from wisconsin with his new wife... he forewarns me she's a total :coffee: snob. created by him.

their first day here, brewed them a cup of espresso with a Bialetti single shot spilt it into two mugs, gave it to them watered down to the half mug then they added milk./creamer sugar to personal taste.

i shirt you not, they went to a hotel that very day.... she needed her 'cafe americano' (watered down latte) made with proper nescafe.

:roflmao: :rolleyes: :socrazy: some coffee snob!

coffee is the common mans sativa... :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
SurfFuerte said:
yes - this is the optimum vehicle for delivering the perfect cup of coffee (haven't i concurred with you before on this subject?).

that Keurig thing trips me out - the coffee sucks ("Donut House" blend - seriously? never been in a donut house that had decent coffee)...the process generates lots of plastic waste....and the price works out to about $30 per pound. i get why workplaces do it (convenient, individual portions, less mess etc)...but can't imagine why you would do it at home.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Keurig is sh!t and is destroying our earth.

Nespresso is good but damned expensive.

Bona vita drip coffee maker is worth every penny

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
rts265 said:
Keurig is sh!t and is destroying our earth.

Nespresso is good but damned expensive.

Bona vita drip coffee maker is worth every penny
keurig pods r bs. buy eki cup tefillable pod n add your own coffee. compost the used coffee

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
silentbutdeadly said:
Havoc4k said:
silentbutdeadly said:
Used to drink Peets or whatever was on sale at Vons or trader joes but have recently been turned on to local roasters. I'm fvcked.

I buy from:
-Bird Rock Coffee roasters
-Mostra
-James

I even got a pour over setup that I've previously made fun of.

I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for my last bag of beans :foreheadslap:
Have u considered a curly moustache to complete the look?
I have no comeback because you're right.
:roflmao:

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
ifallalot said:
Clayster said:
Buy beans at Costco
Yup
Yeah, hate to say it, but corporate Costco beans can be pretty good. Exgirlfriend told me the red, green and blue are Central and South American beans roasted by Starbucks.

Sometimes one makes compromises so the other bills can get paid.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I was given a bag of the Carpenterican this week for my birthday and now I'm hooked. It's a Costa Rican blend that's roasted in Carpenteria. Fooking delicious, smooth cup a joe. :bowdown:

Check it out here:

Carp Coffee
^^^^^^^^^^

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
we get 5lb bags of italian roast beans direct from cafe mam. consistently the best coffee i've ever had (they will ship).

but this stuff makes ridic amazing ice coffee (also, i put the powder in home-made energy bars):

we dollop coco cream in our coffee - rico suave!