Where do you buy your coffee?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I bought sweetie-pie some Sumatra beans the other day from Peets Coffee and Tea.

Not above buying it from Capricorn Coffees even though they moved out of the City a few years back.

Every now and again when I don't have pressing matters and can stand too long in a line, Philz Coffee will do.

Oh, and there is the Brazilian place in not far from home that does a decent French Roast...don't like their lighter roasts. Freshly roast beans can transform a lower quality bean into something good....I've found higher quality beans with a roast that was some time back to be worse...oxidation is the enemy!

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
5 days a week it's at work we have one of those Keurig things :barf:
weekends at home it's something from TJ's, whatever looks interesting.
5am dawn patrol it's 7-11

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Morgan2's joint, "Breakfast" - 2 shot almond latte. IMO they make hands down the best shot and foam in SB.
Beth with the head to toe tattoos at Good Cup on the Mesa has the best skillz.

At home:
beans: http://a.co/6KLJ1nz
percolator: http://a.co/6LojVfG
and to throw my coffee credibility straight into the trash:
http://naturalqualityproducts.com/silk-cream-almond-caramel-32-000-oz/

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Used to drink Peets or whatever was on sale at Vons or trader joes but have recently been turned on to local roasters. I'm fvcked.

I buy from:
-Bird Rock Coffee roasters
-Mostra
-James

I even got a pour over setup that I've previously made fun of.

I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for my last bag of beans :foreheadslap:

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Organic coffee bean tea leaf from costco was working good for me. It’s never there anymore.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I buy Starbucks and make it at home in the French press

I used to not like Starbucks but in a French press it’s good

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Whatever 100% Kona Coffee that's on sale (so many brands and roasters here that you can find good sale prices).

Best coffee I've ever had was at Philz near the Tenderloin. Something from North Africa, I think. Oh man.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fresh Market

I like
Tanzanian Peaberry
Ethiopian Yrgacheff whatever it's called
Guatemalan
Kona
Jamaican Blue Mountain

Also like the mellower roasts at Delicomb and the Maple Tap at Maple Street Biscuit, here in North Jax Beach.

Doof, how would you store beans? I just leave them in the brown bag I dumped them into when I bought them. Probably gets 90 degrees with 99% humidity in my shitbox on Summer weekdays.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Racer1 said:
Best coffee I've ever had was at Philz near the Tenderloin. Something from North Africa, I think. Oh man.
Were you staying at the The Phoenix? Or Hotel Essex.....or as the sign at night would sometimes say H-O-T-E-L E-S-S-E-X with the 'el' and 'es' parts not lit up.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Sharkbiscuit said:
Fresh Market

I like
Tanzanian Peaberry
Ethiopian Yrgacheff whatever it's called
Guatemalan
Kona
Jamaican Blue Mountain

Also like the mellower roasts at Delicomb and the Maple Tap at Maple Street Biscuit, here in North Jax Beach.

Doof, how would you store beans? I just leave them in the brown bag I dumped them into when I bought them. Probably gets 90 degrees with 99% humidity in my shitbox on Summer weekdays.
I'm not the big coffee drinker, Sweetie-Pie is, so I am not super crazy about tending to the needs of the beverage. I figure that the important thing is a recent roast, a decent bean, the right grind for the beverage choice, consistent technique for the beverage choice, and keep things sealed when not in use.

That said, it is bought as fresh as can be, ground the day of the purchase, put in a sealed glass jar on the counter in the kitchen, and at ambient house temps/humidity...and since we don't really use much heat in the house and mostly leave at least one window open in the foggy City year round.....say, 65 F with ambient humidity....and thanks to the internet, the humidity is:

"Also, notice the seasonality in the humidity figures for SF. It peaks at 68% when it's actually pretty cold, at times when you're not that concerned with feeling too hot as when it's warm. In Summer it's only 59% humid. Human comfort-wise, the optimal humidity for humans is 40%-60%, so you don't feel it being humid because it's quite comfortable; if it was 68% humid in Summer you would actually feel the difference."

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
silentbutdeadly said:
Used to drink Peets or whatever was on sale at Vons or trader joes but have recently been turned on to local roasters. I'm fvcked.

I buy from:
-Mostra
-James

I don't even want to tell you how much I paid for my last bag of beans :foreheadslap:
Have u considered a curly moustache to complete the look?

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Costco organic dark roast. Turns out coffee has a chit ton of pesticides, one of the most sprayed crops. Thanks retodd for the heads up. Only organic for me

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Mr Doof said:
Racer1 said:
Were you staying at the The Phoenix? Or Hotel Essex.....or as the sign at night would sometimes say H-O-T-E-L E-S-S-E-X with the 'el' and 'es' parts not lit up.
I am not a junkie. You know I only stay in Hayes Valley.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Havoc4k said:
silentbutdeadly said:

I buy from:
-Mostra
-James

Have u considered a curly moustache to complete the look?
I have no comeback because you're right.