When was the last time you surfed?

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
Sunday March 8th. It was high tide and close to shore but there was some chest high swell. I wasn't too excited to surf but an old guy named Tim, who sometimes doesn't paddle out, showed up without a board and said I'm going home to get my board. That made me think I should just go out. I had fun. Looking back now, glad I went.

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Last Thursday.

Longboarded with a girlfriend of mine who is learning. Had a blast in some waist-chest high fast lefts. My dad recently gifted me the first board I ever stood up on, which was gifted to him from a family friend 30+ years ago. 8'6'' Freeline single fin. The thing is still in great shape and rides nice.

Later in the afternoon as that big south started filling in, I surfed some well overhead lefts with some random DOH bombs cleaning up. Then I went to work for a couple days, and I've just been riding my bike a lot.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
i surfed on Saturday and plan on surfing tomorrow if this new swell shows up.

Longest Ive ever been w/o surfing was last year when I broke my toe. 6 weeks no surf, then my first time back in the water was at the BSR wavepool which he hd booked private all day. needless to say I was super out of shape and didnt get my moneys worth but even in shape - 6 guys surfing that pool all day is literally too much surfing. Must have surfed 150 waves at least.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Yesterday. Finally took the ganoe with a motor attached instead of paddling a mile down river to the secret high tide spot in N FL..... 3 sessions in last 7 days....feeling pretty stocked....but somewhat guilty cause I took the easy way with the motor, also felt like I was poaching waves while others are stuck on land.....2-3ft windswell...nothing great but water is 72 and clear...should be out there later this week too...

Reactions: potato-nator

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Feb. 28!!!! Been having health issues so I can't blame it all on the shelter in place. Aiming for a return in May.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I last surfed sometime around the last week of February. Then the weather, tides, winds and work got in the way. Since then I've patched up my boards as well as a couple for friends and family. Now waiting patiently for the OK from Mr Newsom.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
last time was with St Pato's family on Kauai and Keith at Whiteplains in 2018?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
last time was with St Pato's family on Kauai and Keith at Whiteplains in 2018?
For someone who brings so much wisdom and stock and eloquent thoughts, this makes me sad. Injury? Age? Both?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
April 2nd, conditions were nothing special, but was nice to be in the water before the closures

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
Last surf was 4/1. Dawn patrolled at Torrey pines state beach. I haven’t surfed since due to my knee not the Rona. Tore my ACL (again dammit!) on 2/9 and surfed a few sessions that week hoping I could make it work. Didn’t have much success. Now trying to decide if/when to have surgery. Had an Indo boat trip planned for July :(