When Trump is re-elected in 2020.....

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009
What will you do as a form of protest?

Could the ERBB be organized for some form of civil disobedience?

Trump vs. Biden for all the marbles!

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
Well. I think its a distinct possibility. I have to concede that the Democrats are more feckless than Trump is unlikable.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Maybe the right is getting over confident the way the left was in 2016?

I remember when Hillary went to Arizona and, I think, Texas, because Dems were thinking that they could swing those states, neglecting Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
patrolman said:
Maybe the right is getting over confident the way the left was in 2016?

I remember when Hillary went to Arizona and, I think, Texas, because Dems were thinking that they could swing those states, neglecting Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan.
Bush41 had really good approval ratings up until the last year or so of his term. "It's the economy, stupid" proved to be a winner for (Bubba) Clinton.

If the economy takes a tank then I think Trump is toast no matter how hard the Dems try to lose. IMO his biggest challenge is that he made a lot of promises that neither he nor anyone else could possibly keep.

Wheelhouse

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 13, 2013
Bernie is preparing them...

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1110246327760420864

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Sharkbiscuit said:
GDaddy said:
his biggest challenge is that he made a lot of promises that neither he nor anyone else could possibly keep.
This.
But his base does not care. Maybe that will change, but I have my doubts.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If trump wins it won't be because the DNC didn't let the popular candidate run.

Then America gets what it deserves.

That is good.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Sharkbiscuit said:
GDaddy said:
his biggest challenge is that he made a lot of promises that neither he nor anyone else could possibly keep.
This.

Edit: I think Bush sh!t the bed pretty early in his 2nd term.

Wrong Bush. Bush41 was still at ~50% going into 1992.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
mundus said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
GDaddy said:
This.
But his base does not care. Maybe that will change, but I have my doubts.
It's not the base who decides Presidential elections. It's the squishy middle. HRC didn't lose because of Trump's base; she lost because some of the folks in the middle - including some who had supported Obama - turned around and supported Trump; or alternately, voted against her.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Both Bushes got taken down by media

They let themselves be defined by media instead of fighting back like trump

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think Bush41s previous ratings were due in part to the first Gulf War and other foreign policy, not to mention him being Reagan's Veep. But that stuff didn't matter a year later when Bubba came back with "it's the economy, stupid", which turned out to be a really successful strategy.

As for the media, all GOP candidates are Hitler so there's nothing new about that.

The point being that regardless of the reason, its possible for the opinions of the electorate to flip in just a few months.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
BillyOcean said:

It's always the media's fault for reporting the shitty things that the corrupt shitheads do.

Fvcking insane.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
BillyOcean said:

Have you considered that both bushes defined themselves by their actions and the media just reported it?

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
GDaddy said:
I think Bush41s previous ratings were due in part to the first Gulf War and other foreign policy, not to mention him being Reagan's Veep. But that stuff didn't matter a year later when Bubba came back with "it's the economy, stupid", which turned out to be a really successful strategy.

As for the media, all GOP candidates are Hitler so there's nothing new about that.

The point being that regardless of the reason, its possible for the opinions of the electorate to flip in just a few months.
Not all GOP candidates are hitler. McCain no, Romney no, neither Bushes (Dick Cheney getting closer but still no), etc. etc. Trump’s rhetoric on the other hand matches that of other authoritarians. So...

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:
I don't see how people can listen to trump talk and not know that he has a severe personality disorder.
I don't understand when they do know but don't care.

Becuz liblur tears.

Spitefulness maximum.