Wheat is Murder

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Certain plants produce compounds, as a defense mechanism, that we're not well adapted to. Nothing cartoonish about that, Sir. Also nothing controversial about it. We just accept the consequences (autoimmune, cardiovascular, and other issues) as normal.
I try to avoid plant based foods.

Reactions: Chocki

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
When he passed out, he smashed his face into the prep counter in back. Small forehead cut but next day, but had just the biggest black eye and fat lip I'd seen.

When unconscious, his lips looked practically purple-black in the fluorescent lighting...but at least he was still breathing. I just propped him up (sitting down) with dish towel of ice up against his head till he woke up (20 seconds later?).

Ah, the stupid fun we do.......
I was alone in the shop, surrounded by countless sharp corners, grinders, counters, espresso machines etc. I could have easily died alone behind the counter of a little Indy coffee shop in the quickly gentrifying village of sag harbor

What a sad pathetic little ending that would have been.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I was alone in the shop, surrounded by countless sharp corners, grinders, counters, espresso machines etc. I could have easily died alone behind the counter of a little Indy coffee shop in the quickly gentrifying village of sag harbor

What a sad pathetic little ending that would have been.
Stop being so dramatic.

I'm sure you would have fallen clean with no mishaps.

There is no pathetic ending to this story.

You will be having fun for the next 30 years so enjoy it!

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
:unsure: Isn’t it easier to simply harvest than cultivate and harvest?

’Merican‘s typically work 40 hours a week. HGers work less than half of that.
Have you ever thought about what it takes to be a hunter gatherer?

I reckon the folks back then couldn't give a husky fvck about the hours they worked as long as they had food via cultivation.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Stop being so dramatic.

I'm sure you would have fallen clean with no mishaps.

There is no pathetic ending to this story.

You will be having fun for the next 30 years so enjoy it!
What are you, new here? Of course I’m going to bring the drama it’s part of my shtik. And it’s in my contract

and I did bump my head hard in the fall, luckily nothing with an edge, but I had a solid goose egg on my head for a while. And as best I could tell I was only out for a couple seconds

it probably was just my head hitting the floor like a cantaloupe dropped from a shopping basket.

Lord knows I had enough coffee grinds in my hair :jamon: :foreheadslap:

Reactions: keenfish

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I read about people who have problems eating it here in the US but no problem when eating it in Europe :shrug:
Not just wheat. I had stopped eating red meat and pork, chicken only organic farm raised while last living in the US. When I came here, I was amazed that the pork chops didn't give off that white milky gross stuff when frying or bbqing them. Red meat same same. I now eat all meats heartily.

:socrazy:

Duh.

The whole gluten free thing is just another part of Clown World where people live in a world based on fantasy backed by science denial.
Tell that to my Celiac sister in law as I carry her into the ER looking like Starvin Marvin about to die from malnourishment just before she got diagnosed. Some people really cannot tolerate the stuff. The fakers are a blast mess with though. :poke:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Tell that to my Celiac sister in law as I carry her into the ER looking like Starvin Marvin about to die from malnourishment just before she got diagnosed. Some people really cannot tolerate the stuff. The fakers are a blast mess with though. :poke:
I wasn't referring to Celiac sufferers, who are <1% of the population.

I'm talking about the self diagnosed crowd and wackos that make up the majority of the gluten-free movement.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I'm talking about the self diagnosed crowd and wackos that make up the majority of the gluten-free movement.
People who are not careful about their diets:

It's estimated that a little over 42% of American adults have obesity, while about 30.7% are overweight. Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity. Adults between ages of 40 and 59 are more likely to have obesity.
  • 47% of adults aged 20-59 years old reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days

• 85% of adults aged 60 or older reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days
(CDC, 2019)

Who are the wackos? :unsure:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
People who are not careful about their diets:

It's estimated that a little over 42% of American adults have obesity, while about 30.7% are overweight. Overall, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults in the United States are overweight or have obesity. Adults between ages of 40 and 59 are more likely to have obesity.
  • 47% of adults aged 20-59 years old reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days

• 85% of adults aged 60 or older reportedly used prescription drugs in the past 30 days
(CDC, 2019)

Who are the wackos? :unsure:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Get up offa that gluten,
And you’ll feel much better!

Get up offa that gluten,
And release that inflammation!

Get up offa that gluten,
And your gut won’t leak!

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Get up offa that gluten,
And you’ll feel much better!

Get up offa that gluten,
And release that inflammation!

Get up offa that gluten,
And your gut won’t leak!
is chitlins gluten free ?
is it true that they help turn you into a sex machine ?

:dancing:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Sweetie-pie bought a bag of finely powdered gluten.

When I make some rye/buckwheat bread, will add a tablespoon or two to the recipe. Helps it get a better rise during the ferment.

Mmmm-mmm good!

1676677190404.png

PS
I would like to thank my ancestors for mutating and helping me enjoy a well-developed omnivorous diet including dairy and wheat products long after my 20s.