What you gonna buy with that stimulus?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
1st roll of the dice my eldest brother received $125k... Used it to buy a Porsche Cayene "for the business", turns out he got a HUGE tax rebate for "investing in machinery for his business over X thousand lbs in bulk weight". His candy business does about 20-22 million per year.

Not even going to ask him about the 2nd roll of the dice. Might just puke in my mouth a bit again.

And yet, on the flip side, my exroommate from college, night manager at a theater in SF gets $600 when his rent is $2500 mo. He of course lives paycheck to paycheck, and like someone mentioned owes 7-8 months of back rent. He had the "luck" of already being on quarantine before the whole thing hit... Recovering from back surgery at home, to fix a work related injury, that took years in workmen's comp courts to get covered. Got the operation and they kicked him out of the hospital 2 days after, cause you know, his "insurance company wouldn't cover more".

Yeah, Dumberika is doing just greeeeaaaaat.

Rome fell too, not from external foe.

My other brother, contractor on the east coast, got nut. Won't talk to my eldest anymore because of the whole thing.

Politics splitting families, states, nay the entire nation, is NOT doing America any favors, yeah?

What ever happened to "united we stand, divided we fall"? When did that get thrown under the bus? Cause seems from the outside looking in that this should be the mantra the Untied States chants until they're United again.

Dreamer, I know. That's why I left so long ago. Cannot stand to see it getting torn apart thus, especially after what it once was.

Sad really. Stimulus indeed.

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Maybe the Sony a6000 camera? A new bandsaw? I need a better Lathe. It's gonna be something I'd feel guilty for if I used regular marital funds. A new bong is out of the question I'm sure of that.

Reactions: Leaverite

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Extra bag of rice and lifetime essential status?
I kinda think the stimulus is a bribe/consolation to calm the savages, plus it's good for stores or retail, keeps that part of the economy hopeful looking, a way to fudge the numbers. Rose tinted glasses for the masses. Or blinders, less than a week's worth. American opium.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I kinda think the stimulus is a bribe/consolation to calm the savages, plus it's good for stores or retail, keeps that part of the economy hopeful looking, a way to fudge the numbers. Rose tinted glasses for the masses. Or blinders, less than a week's worth. American opium.
If you're already getting FREE everything it's a win.....

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Those who were already financially stable that did not have their income affected will probably use it to buy toys, which is ironic because that is exactly what has been selling like crazy since this all started. Home gym equipment, backpacking/camping gear, bikes, surfboards etc have all been gangbusters. Which is great for those companies, however it's the businesses that we cannot patronize that need those extra dollars running through the cash registers the most.

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Those who were already financially stable that did not have their income affected will probably use it to buy toys, which is ironic because that is exactly what has been selling like crazy since this all started. Home gym equipment, backpacking/camping gear, bikes, surfboards etc have all been gangbusters. Which is great for those companies, however it's the businesses that we cannot patronize that need those extra dollars running through the cash registers the most.
$2000 worth of Disposable Income..... Life or Death for others.... Dudes... The problem with it being Disposable Income is that its all going to Amazon, WallMart, all of the big retail chains that Murica has ALLOWED to remain open.

At the expense of all of the Middle Class.....

We are being primed for Commuinism. The Elite ruling Party and the clueless masses....

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
$2000 worth of Disposable Income..... Life or Death for others.... Dudes... The problem with it being Disposable Income is that its all going to Amazon, WallMart, all of the big retail chains that Murica has ALLOWED to remain open.

We are being primed for Commuinism. The Elite ruling Party and the clueless masses....
So scary!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Reactions: Leaverite

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Which is great for those companies, however it's the businesses that we cannot patronize that need those extra dollars running through the cash registers the most.
Exactly! It does not help the people struggling the most and they are spending it at Walmart. Restaurants, travel and other tourism, it only helps those who are already managing to perservere.

[DISCLAIMER] I have a different definition of elite than is being widely used as a political dirty word lately but I know what they're trying to say,

Yeah we're definitely being directed toward or from some great change politically, socially, economically, even spiritually or lack thereof. It's scary but I'm on the way out, I think it's sad and reckless and most of the people yearning for this change mean well, but they see not the Ill of their ways.

People are buying surfboards, wetsuits video games?

Reactions: grapedrink

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
20356-1.jpg
My grandpa slept with one of these like a foot from his head, all his life.
He did not die in the home break in by angry natives that he talked about fearing, but sounded more like he wanted to happen.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
They should have put the stimulus money on one of those restricted prepaid Visa cards moms send to their deadbeat children so they can’t splurge it on non-essential goods.

- jealous non-recipient of stimulus