What was your fastest custom turnaround?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
In my 28 years of surfing, I just experienced the quickest custom board order turnaround, during a time when custom orders are taking longer than ever... and I just had to make a thread to brag about it.

Obviously if you're a pro, shape your own boards or are super close with a shaper the thread doesn't really apply... but for a Joe Nobody like me, I ordered a freshie and the shaper text me pics of it, less than 2 weeks after ordering it!

It’s the one on the right - small wave boar in his EPS tech.
5.9, 20, 2 9/16 with the rails taken down a bit.

IMG_4844.jpeg

IMG_4845.jpeg

Last edited:

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Nice! Hammo's!!! his boards always look great...fastest board was 2 weeks from murray Bourton. Most boards in california are running a minimum of 8 weeks and most 12-16+

Reactions: waxfoot
Oct 16, 2017
Nice looking boards.

Same here for me, 2 weeks is the quickest custom I’ve had and it was from CI in Australia.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Had a custom ordered Sept. 4th from a well known shaper in California , and it was shipped to Floriduh December 7th but didn’t arrive via FedEx until Dec. 22nd. The shaper and apprentice had a miscommunication with a final email decision that resulted in an error with the dimensions. 1inch too short and 1/4 thinner than desired. Yes, an inch can make all the difference (that’s what she said). Made a call and the shaper did me right by correcting the mistake with a hugely discounted new boar and it arrived exactly 4 weeks later with everything correct and I’m stocked!!

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
4 days , Ian Zamora

Rad single fin hull that I rode for years , when I did sell it the poster ( surfdad?) Also loved it .

Saw it on c list a while back and it still looked great, and it was gone a few hours later.

Reactions: sh3

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
There are 3 persons here with machines who advertise a cutting service , but won't take orders .

There are 100 + boards a month waiting for a new machine to exist .

These people are limiting Florida's growth in both #'s and design .

Part of whats out there in surfboard world .