What to do with a stack of Surfer's Journals

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Got a mostly complete collection -- read em all a dozen times at least. Don't really want to sell them, would love to find someone who appreciated them like I did/do. Need someone who appreciates the print media niche from the late 1900s -present.

Last edited:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Got a mostly complete collection -- read em all a dozen times at least. Don't really want to sell them, would love to find someone who appreciated them like I did/do. Need someone who appreciates the print media niche from the late 1900s -present.
I'm curious what they are worth as 100% complete collection starting from Vol1 No1 (which I have).
All in good/very good to almost mint.
Like mentioned above, I'm probably on my 3rd time through, and kinda of like the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge, by the time I have read through them all I've somewhat forgotten the stories and start all over again.
They used to be my lunch-time read every day when I was working :jamon:

Reactions: Northern_Shores
Jan 15, 2020
I can take them if you're gifting them. I'm a long time collector of surf print media dating all the way back to the 70s. I'm in LA but can meet you anywhere in Socal. And as others have said, this is very generous of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocki

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
holy sh!t. that is truly generous. TSJ is the finest publication i have ever read. i wonder if there is a library somewhere that would appreciate the value of your collection and maximize the number of people who would benefit from your generosity?

Last edited:

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I'm curious what they are worth as 100% complete collection starting from Vol1 No1 (which I have).
All in good/very good to almost mint.
Like mentioned above, I'm probably on my 3rd time through, and kinda of like the painting of the Golden Gate Bridge, by the time I have read through them all I've somewhat forgotten the stories and start all over again.
They used to be my lunch-time read every day when I was working :jamon:
$6500?
Extraordinary Complete 26-year Run of SURFER'S JOURNAL - Etsy

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008

$32,000???!!!!

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I would surely appreciate them! So would my 13 year old son how reads all the SJ's I get in the mail. I would be happy to pay some $$$ too!

Last month my friend Genki was visiting from Japan… He organized the three wood surfboard workshops I did there… We were in my shop hanging out talking and looking at stuff… Then of the blue I decided to give him my 100% complete collection of Surfer’s Journal… Neither he nor I was expecting that… I‘m pretty sure he is one of a very few over there who has a full set… He had to get pretty creative with packing all those magazines to get them back home… He continued the subscription in his name and the new issues are coming to my house… We plan on hand exchanging them there or here well into the future…

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I donated mine to my shapers surf shop. People flip thru them while they wait for him to tend to other customers, and he's told me that sone have actually altered their custom orders based on stuff they read in them some times.

:shrug::waving::shaka:

Kind of a pay it forward, since then he's making a lot more "different" boars than the usual hpsb potato chips. He's thankful of that, breaks his boredom a bit.

:roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

If you are ever at SICRE SURFBOARDS and you flip thru one while you wait, you're welcome.