What needs to happen in 2024

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'm a Ukraine fanboy and I don't want the Iranians to have nuclear weapons and I don't want China to attack Taiwan. IDGAF about the border, this is another person for whom "wokeness" means "sh!t I don't like" and IDGAF about the NYT Opinion page, especially the garbage from retards like Bret Stephens, Bari Weiss, and Tom Cotton.

The rest of it sounds like Joe Lieberman pissing into the wind and devoting that many sentences to trans people is just straight clown car.

If anyone actually gave a f--k about trans people the GOP would have won like 60 House seats and the Senate in 2022 given the inflation situation.

The bits about the Free Market and journalism are particularly comical. What does this idiot think got us in this position if not the rise of tech/online media and the need to sell advertising to fund journalism?

I have a better chance of convincing Ron DeSantis my various jetty/inlet/artificial reef schemes along Florida's East Coast will yield a plethora of new surf/fishing spots, cleaner waterways, etc.
The border is so much more important than Ukraine, Iran, or China. Period

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Why? Your Republican party does not think so. They are blocking immigration reform. Of course being useful idiot you only pay attention to what they say and not what they do(nothing),

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why? Your Republican party does not think so. They are blocking immigration reform. Of course being useful idiot you only pay attention to what they say and not what they do(nothing),
Why?

one problem is our own country, the other are foreign shitholes

the “reform” that would work is something you would not like

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Politically, yes. Half of America would agree with your statement.

Strategically, no. Not my a long shot. This is why:

It is in America's best interest to maintain peace and stability in Europe. We can do this by stopping Russian expansionism in Ukraine before it becomes a much, much bigger problem.

It is in America's best interest to keep middle east oil flowing smoothly. We can do this by restraining Iran's mullahs and avoiding a huge regional war between the Persians and the Arabs (who have hated each other for centuries).

It is in America's best interest to maintain Taiwan as a high-level economic partner and maintain the free flow of commerce in the far east. We can do this by containing China and creating an alliance that ensures maximum hurt on China, both militarily and economically, should they invade Taiwan.

Reactions: grapedrink

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Why?

one problem is our own country, the other are foreign shitholes

the “reform” that would work is something you would not like
The House actually proposed a bill last year that they knew was a no-go in the Senate, but there were several terms that Democrats could actually live with. Unfortunately, Republicans have taken an all or nothing stance. No bill goes unaltered, let alone an immigration bill.

The funny part is that they don’t even talk about their own bill anymore. Were it me, I’ be shoving that bill in front of everyone, daily. At this point, they’re afraid Biden might approve it and thus appear serious about fixing immigration. Politics over policy.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

It is in America's best interest to maintain peace and stability in Europe. We can do this by stopping Russian expansionism in Ukraine before it becomes a much, much bigger problem.

It is in America's best interest to keep middle east oil flowing smoothly. We can do this by restraining Iran's mullahs and avoiding a huge regional war between the Persians and the Arabs (who have hated each other for centuries).

It is in America's best interest to maintain Taiwan as a high-level economic partner and maintain the free flow of commerce in the far east. We can do this by containing China and creating an alliance that ensures maximum hurt on China, both militarily and economically, should they invade Taiwan.
He both supports a world alliance against China and says all alliances are bad. Don't think you’ll get any concessions from him here lol.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
a safe and prosperous central/south america would do quite a lot to resolve our border problem
Pay them to stay? The CJNG is all over the prosperous part, they don’t share with the masses. Safer would be good.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Ok Kissinger

Just think for a minute when there is no peace and stability at home.

Then none of your globalism matters

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
a safe and prosperous central/south america would do quite a lot to resolve our border problem
More reason why we need to go back to the Monroe Doctrine and stop worrying about the rest of the world. We can deal with our Hemisphere

That being said, the CIA had a huge hand in making Central/South America the shithole it is

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
More reason why we need to go back to the Monroe Doctrine and stop worrying about the rest of the world. We can deal with our Hemisphere
Except we need a world wide military and economic alliance to stave off China… and by extension its allies Russia, Brazil, India etc.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Ok Kissinger

Just think for a minute when there is no peace and stability at home.

Then none of your globalism matters
I am pretty sure undocumented tomato pickers, gardeners, and motel maids are not the major cause of instability here in 'Murica.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Pay them to stay? The CJNG is all over the prosperous part, they don’t share with the masses. Safer would be good.
it's not a secret that most of these people are fleeing violence and economic despair

6 of the top 10 highest murder rates can be found in carrib/centam countries

you know who's not trying to illegally cross the border in to the US? Brazillians....Chileans....Peruvians

a functional economy and a little law and order can go a long way

these people are simply our own chickens coming home to roost after nearly a century of meddling in the region

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Isn't the failed response, and lack of reform, because it's a good wedge issue?

The GOP could have worked on it a bunch of times and didn't but now they are crying foul.

Also, I think the problem is worse due to instability in the whole world.

I wish I had a better understand of the issue like the erbb experts do.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
it's not a secret that most of these people are fleeing violence and economic despair

6 of the top 10 highest murder rates can be found in carrib/centam countries

you know who's not trying to illegally cross the border in to the US? Brazillians....Chileans....Peruvians

a functional economy and a little law and order can go a long way

these people are simply our own chickens coming home to roost after nearly a century of meddling in the region
I’m aware of that although I would replace most with many. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say 90% of the households in El Roble have an immediate family member that’s spent time en el Norte, 100% outside of the immediate family. Same in Barrio for outside of the immediate family.

Yes, a functional economy and a little law and order would go a long way. What I don’t see is how that’s going to happen. Who is going to make it happen?

I agree 100% on the chickens coming home to roost.

Reactions: afoaf