What needs to happen in 2024

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Interesting list. I agree with most, disagree with a couple. BTW the Washington Examiner is a pretty conservative rag that generally eschews the shrill culture war of Fox.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Good article. Also like the Economist article written by the former NYT editor. Really sums it up with this:

"One of the glories of embracing illiberalism is that, like Trump, you are always right about everything, and so you are justified in shouting disagreement down."

:toilet:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
As a Real Liberal, I'm in agreement with all.
Good article. Also like the Economist article written by the former NYT editor. Really sums it up with this:

"One of the glories of embracing illiberalism is that, like Trump, you are always right about everything, and so you are justified in shouting disagreement down."

:toilet:
So you guy’s are against demonizing political opponents now? New Year’s resolution or something?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
UH, how the fook did you gather that from quote I pulled? :unsure: :roflmao:
I didn’t gather it from the article you pulled from, of course, I gathered it from your evaluation of the Washington Examiner article, specifically where you stated “Good article.” I presume that you generally agree with articles that you think are good.

• Haha

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Interesting list. I agree with most, disagree with a couple. BTW the Washington Examiner is a pretty conservative rag that generally eschews the shrill culture war of Fox.

I agree with the China one and the last 3

I would also add that Trump, Biden, and Newsom all need to die in 2024 for the good of the country

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I didn’t gather it from the article you pulled from, of course, I gathered it from your evaluation of the Washington Examiner article, specifically where you stated “Good article.” I presume that you generally agree with articles that you think are good.
Me agreeing that an article is “good” does not mean that I agree with every word of it. Nor do I recall anything in the article about promoting or not promoting“demonization” of politicians. It basically says that both parties need to move on from the status quo.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Me agreeing that an article is “good” does not mean that I agree with every word of it. Nor do I recall anything in the article about promoting or not promoting“demonization” of politicians. It basically says that both parties need to move on from the status quo.
No, the writer suggested returning to a conservative “Reaganesque” approach. Nothing progressive about that.

Anyway, if you do you indeed disagree that Americans should be “willing to converse with and work with “the other side” rather than having a default position of demonizing anyone of a differing philosophy.” that is unfortunate. I humbly suggest that you adopt the writers wish on that score.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
No, the writer suggested returning to a conservative “Reaganesque” approach. Nothing progressive about that.
In the opinion of the author, Reagan was far more willing to cross the aisle than the current crop of republicans. That’s the point.

Anyway, if you do you indeed disagree that Americans should be “willing to converse with and work with “the other side” rather than having a default position of demonizing anyone of a differing philosophy.” that is unfortunate. I humbly suggest that you adopt the writers wish on that score.
What makes you think I disagree :unsure: I 100% agree that people should be willing to converse with the other side.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I am gonna let you guys urinate on each other and not join the fray.

I agree with the first 6 straight up, disagree with the anti-woke and maoist-journalist ones, agree with #9 and mostly agree with the last one. IOW it was a good, thought-provoking article.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Ok.

Why have you not taken up inquiry with the OP? He’s the one who posted the article after all
Because the OP didn’t say that it was a “good article“ like you did, and explicitly expressed disagreement with some of it, unlike Lance. Also, I’m not familiar with hammies politics or demeanor.

• Haha