What is the best smell ever?

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I'm glad you cup your hand over your ass, fart, and then cup your hand over your face, in private and in public. I'm also glad you pull the covers over your own head instead of your wife's when you fart in bed.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I'm glad you cup your hand over your ass, fart, and then cup your hand over your face, in private and in public. I'm also glad you pull the covers over your own head instead of your wife's when you fart in bed.
Actually I prefer it Al Natural. Oxygen helps oxidize the fart, effectively opening up and creating a more complex experience. Just calmly breath through your nose and try picking up the different notes. sigh.... I wish I had eggs earlier today, I'm all out of gas. Oh well.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Salty air.
Especially early in the morning with no wind, humid air and a big swell running.
As you get near the beach, the permeating smell of the ocean is unforgettable.
It calls up all the memories of good days from the past and the anticipation of what is coming today.

It took 7 pages for someone to finally come up with the right answer?
Do any of you guys actually surf?

• Love
Reactions: r32

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Especially early in the morning with no wind, humid air and a big swell running.
It calls up all the memories of good days from the past and the anticipation of what is coming today.

It took 7 pages for someone to finally come up with the right answer?
yes. yes it does.

so you know when you come up after duck diving a wave and the wind is blowing spray off the top of the wave and it is raining down on you?

in the tropics that wind-spray has a subtly different smell than where i'm from in CA

how to describe it?

tangy? i dunno. not sure how to describe it.

but however you describe it THAT is a great fucking smell.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Fu Wax

Un-smoked Marijuana

Fresh Epoxy Resin

Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil

My wifes hair when she gets out of the shower

My dog when he just got groomed

A fresh cup of coffee

A freshly cracked IPA

A Cohiba Behike 56

Fresh Leather

Reactions: npsp and john4surf

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente

It took 7 pages replies for someone to finally come up with the right answer?

https://forum.surfer.com/index.php?threads/what-is-the-best-smell-ever.242813/post-3923273

:computer:

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The smell of bubblegum surf wax as you write split kook on the windshield of the cop car parked in the Torrance lot..

Reactions: billypilgrim