What if Covid had happened in 2000 instead of 2020?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
How many do you think it killed and what are you basing that # on?
file under “you don’t know what you don’t know”.

people like Craig think they have figured out things that people much smarter than them already figured out literally decades ago.

Craig, maybe take a break from erBB and do some research on Google scholar or PubMed.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That bullshit claim is your justification to dodge? I'll take your non-answer as an admission that you know the claimed numbers aren't accurate.
You realize I asked you a question and you dodged the question by asking me a question?

Go back and read the thread.

Projection?

I love how being stupid doesn't faze you.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Is anyone else amused by the idea that Craig thinks there was no social media back in 2000?
No, not really. Of course there was some, but it was a exponentially smaller than it was today. It wasn't until about the middle of the decade that we had facebook, at best we had friendster and myspace in 2002-03. Year 2000 you had AOL chatrooms, a few dating sites that were mostly fatties, and some very basic message boards, at best.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
No, not really. Of course there was some, but it was a exponentially smaller than it was today. It wasn't until about the middle of the decade that we had facebook, at best we had friendster and myspace in 2002-03. Year 2000 you had AOL chatrooms, a few dating sites that were mostly fatties, and some very basic message boards, at best.
hal is still keeping hope alive that mySpace will catch on.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
You realize I asked you a question and you dodged the question by asking me a question?

Go back and read the thread.

Projection?

I love how being stupid doesn't faze you.
The foundation of your question was fatally flawed. I replied with a question in hopes that you could clarify. Without clarification I can not accept the premise of your inquiry.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The foundation of your question was fatally flawed. I replied with a question in hopes that you could clarify. Without clarification I can not accept the premise of your inquiry.
Your question is also fatally flawed.

Why should I answer a fatally flawed question when you won't won't answer a fatally flawed questions?

Your question is a deflection.

That is why I didn't answer.

Obviously you think the number is not accurate. What is the real death rate based on what?

Are you this stupid at the toner shop?

As I said, you operate in bad faith and act like a victim when people throw it back at you

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Your question is also fatally flawed.

Why should I answer a fatally flawed question when you won't won't answer a fatally flawed questions?

Your question is a deflection.

That is why I didn't answer.

Obviously you think the number is not accurate. What is the real death rate based on what?

Are you this stupid at the toner shop?

As I said, you operate in bad faith and act like a victim when people throw it back at you
Are you operating in good faith?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yes, when people operating in good faith.

When you asked me if you thought the count was accurate you were trying to drag me into the weeds.

Obviously you don't think the count is accurate.

How far off is it and what you are basing that number on?

I ask the question in good faith.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

When you asked me if you thought the count was accurate you were trying to drag me into the weeds.

this is a road to nowhere.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the death numbers are overstated by 40%.