What do Republicans actually do, besides lowering taxes for the most wealthy?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I’m not the one begging

And, HOAs are as small-local as you can get

Check and mate:dancing:
Hungry people with guns is a bad combo. Especially when it's hot out.

Not checkmate - you can't even get out of local control; how are you going handle state/federal/GIG? Go paint your house purple. You know you're not allowed and you'll have 74 Karens at your door demanding recourse and conformity.

I mean, I could thrash you all day on the hilarity of Suburban Libertarianism. Don't make me start up on Suburban Nihilism!

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You live in Arizona and don't own a small piece of land with a junkyard? California transplant/invasive species.
Double wide with 4 Jeeps and 2 El Caminos with some saguaro, Ocotillo, and a couple broken Palo Verde from the monsoons

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Hungry people with guns is a bad combo. Especially when it's hot out.

Not checkmate - you can't even get out of local control; how are you going handle state/federal/GIG? Go paint your house purple. You know you're not allowed and you'll have 74 Karens at your door demanding recourse and conformity.

I mean, I could thrash you all day on the hilarity of Suburban Libertarianism. Don't make me start up on Suburban Nihilism!
No, it’s extremely easy to defeat the Karens

You do what my friend did, get elected President of the HOA and intimidate them. Even better, but slightly harder is to dissolve the HOA

That being said, I do wish I had the foresight to know that Democrats were going to destroy the economy and cause interest rates to skyrocket. Buying a new house with land is easy; getting rid of a 2.25% interest rate is not

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
No, it’s extremely easy to defeat the Karens

You do what my friend did, get elected President of the HOA and intimidate them. Even better, but slightly harder is to dissolve the HOA

That being said, I do wish I had the foresight to know that Democrats were going to destroy the economy and cause interest rates to skyrocket. Buying a new house with land is easy; getting rid of a 2.25% interest rate is not
So let's get this straight.

You abhor and reject institutions and yet the plan is to campaign across the neighborhood to become president of one? That's hardly libertarian and most definitely WAY off nihilism. You want your own personal fiefdom but still need the trappings of society to survive. Oh the struggle. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh it's the Democrats who destroyed the economy? I think China and too many people is a lot more responsible.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So let's get this straight.

You abhor and reject institutions and yet the plan is to campaign across the neighborhood to become president of one? That's hardly libertarian and most definitely WAY off nihilism. You want your own personal fiefdom but still need the trappings of society to survive. Oh the struggle. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh it's the Democrats who destroyed the economy? I think China and too many people is a lot more responsible.
I am a sociopath. Destroy it is not needing the trappings of society to survive. You’ve reached too far here.

but thanks for demonstrating you still have know idea what libertarianism is

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Serious question
Used to be the Repubs were pretty level-headed and predictable:

Lower taxes for all but the poor
Way lower taxes for the rich
Less regulations for businesses, especially those pesky environmental regulations
Reduce the size of government, except the military, keep that part big
Anti-communist
Pro-guns

Now, only about a third of them are like that.
The rest are batshit crazy, seething with anger and hostility towards the liberal elite. They don't give a sh!t about all that other stuff, just destroying the libs is all they care about.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I am a sociopath. Destroy it is not needing the trappings of society to survive. You’ve reached too far here.

but thanks for demonstrating you still have know idea what libertarianism is
You mean a keyboard sociopath.

Oh I see libertarianism exactly for what it is: It's puling from eleventeen year olds who have to abide by certain mores they think are just too unfair. It started out with Republicans wanting to smoke weed without getting into trouble. And now what? It's a petty rebellion against an unknown vapid cause, just whatever on social media (its own institution) gets you riled up about.

You can dress it up however you like but it's pretty much pathetic whining while not actually doing jack sh!t about it or accomplishing anything. Enough China-style social media points where you get a discounted Ted Kaszynski shrine?

The true ones actually fucking live it, go backwoods, survive and thrive off the land, with no influence from society, and that includes cell phones to mail order Amazon. And that's fucking HARD and I respect it.

Oh yeah, where do you get your drinking water from, Mr. I Reject Government Overreach? :waving:

Last edited:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You mean a keyboard sociopath.

Oh I see libertarianism exactly for what it is: It's puling from eleventeen year olds who have to abide by certain mores they think are just too unfair. It started out with Republicans wanting to smoke weed without getting into trouble. And now what? It's a petty rebellion against an unknown vapid cause, just whatever on social media (its own institution) gets you riled up about.

You can dress it up however you like but it's pretty much pathetic whining while not actually doing jack sh!t about it or accomplishing anything. Enough China-style social media points where you get a discounted Ted Kaszynski shrine?

The true ones actually fucking live it, go backwoods, survive and thrive off the land, with no influence from society, and that includes cell phones to mail order Amazon. And that's fucking HARD and I respect it.

Oh yeah, where do you get your drinking water from, Mr. I Reject Government Overreach? :waving:
More words to demonstrate you don't know what libertarian is

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
More words to demonstrate you don't know what libertarian is
OK let's hear the tenets of modern libertarianism and how you apply them to your household's daily life. I mean, beyond whinging on the internet about Covid. It's a mighty stand, I grant, but I would like to know more.

Remember - you are firmly suckling the government's teat by relying on municipal water instead of drilling your own well.

Last edited: