What do cops know...

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Should have made it more clear. Yeah, my body was 0.00 and my mouth was like 80 proof!!

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Cops are always cool to me. I pull over somewhere safe for them to conduct the stop. Shut off the car and roll the windows down. Hands stay on the wheel. Everything is yes sir, no sir. When asked for lic/reg I state where they are and ask if I have permission to get them. I always tell them about the emt/rescue knife in the center console and any medicinal herbs I might have.

Turns speeding into fix it ticket for tint.

Last edited:

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I do a bit of work with cops and tons of work with firemen. I would NOT want to be a cop. It can be a scary, sketchy and difficult job (with scary, sketchy, violent people). They get a lot of really unfair perceptions and hasty generalizations just for being cops. Most firemen work their asses off as well and I can't think of a single negative assumption anyone makes about them. I think being out on the field as a cop and worrying about getting shot while approaching a car window, in a restaurant, every shift etc sure would phuk with my own head. No thanks.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I do a bit of work with cops and tons of work with firemen. I would NOT want to be a cop. It can be a scary, sketchy and difficult job (with scary, sketchy, violent people). They get a lot of really unfair perceptions and hasty generalizations just for being cops. Most firemen work their asses off as well and I can't think of a single negative assumption anyone makes about them. I think being out on the field as a cop and worrying about getting shot while approaching a car window, in a restaurant, every shift etc sure would phuk with my own head. No thanks.
I agree 100%.

If I remember right in LA County the sheriffs guys did the first year in the LA County Jail or one of the satellite jails.

How inspirational would that be?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Attitudes like this is why they get away with murder and every other crime most of the time.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
This.

The job is insanely dangerous and stressful.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Back in the day, Mexico was the worst. Federles. You could be out in the middle of nowhere and a unmarked car would pull up. Search through all of your gear. You were toast.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Back in my teens and early twenties I thought I was pretty punk rock so I thought I hated cops. It was a dumb outlook on life. I've hung out with them and they're just regular dudes doing a crappy job. Social worker, psychologist, bouncer, bureaucrat, all rolled into one. However, it's an interesting job. They see the worst people you can imagine on their very worst day on a regular basis. There's a reason cop/detective fiction is so popular.

With that said I think that they are abdicating their responsibilities in SF and LA while going for a money grab. Cops there will write you a jaywalking ticket with a straight face right next to a bunch of bums 69ing on top of a pile of trash with hypodermic needles hanging out of their asses (hyperbole).

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Back in the day, Mexico was the worst. Federles. You could be out in the middle of nowhere and a unmarked car would pull up. Search through all of your gear. You were toast.
Down in Abreojos we were eating in the only cantina in town and a bunch of Federales pulled up. They also sat down to eat and one of them, a young guy, pulled out his rifle and trained it on my buddies head. I just laughed it off and assured my friend the gun was not loaded but he was freaking out and we had to leave with our meals half eaten. The whole time the gun was aimed at my friend. Fun times!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
With that said I think that they are abdicating their responsibilities in SF and LA while going for a money grab. Cops there will write you a jaywalking ticket with a straight face right next to a bunch of bums 69ing on top of a pile of trash with hypodermic needles hanging out of their asses (hyperbole).

I'm guessing it's more they have zero support from the DA when it comes to the homeless / drug addicts.