Wetsuit Shampoo - Worth it you you?

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
First I use a pre-wash soak, I let it sit for an hour. I usually use this time to tidy up my nails.
Then I use a post-pre-wash moisturizing preparation.
Then I wash using a little lavender essential oil mixed with Woolite.
Then I use a nice aromatic conditioner.
Then I blow dry on cold for 40 minutes.
I tie my leash string around my key loop for the whole cycle to get all that yucky wax off.
ooh the lavender essential oil is a nice touch, I need to add that to my routine.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754 and PJ

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
ooh the lavender essential oil is a nice touch, I need to add that to my routine.

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
ooh good catch, I meant to say, I need to add that Lavender oil and Tea Tree oil to my routine

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Yes. Do you pee pee in your suit after am coffee and cameling up on water pre session? I like this stuff:

https://www.paupilau.com/

Keeps the fowl odors down and seems to soften up the rubber a bit. I use it every 5-8 surfs or after a long weekend of wave chasing. Not sure if it extends life vs just rinsing with fresh water, but maybe a little? Also comes in a gallon, which last me more than a few years.

Last edited:

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I usually will just use a capful of Woolite but if the stank gets too strong I'll use an enzyme cleaner that I can get from our local surf shop. Both seem to make the suit feel more supple and soft.

Reactions: rowjimmytour