We might need a new erBB Design Forum

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
The domain name certainly is valuable. Maybe Wavestorm or Firewire (just for @Havoc LOL) will snap it up!
More likely, WSL has the deep pockets to buy it.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
The domain surfer.com is probably worth $200k - 500k at the most. Not much money for a big corp that can turn a profit on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdsrfr

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I think 000 set this up yesterday. I'm sure we can get him to add a design forum. I registered here just in case the erBB goes dark anytime soon:

I just registered here.
This would be a great opportunity for someone to create something. Maybe scott bass can create a Boardroom Show Design Forum for us to go to?

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Is it a coincidence this all happened AFTER they made that unnecessary announcement that they support a candidate?

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
"Nothing to rip from a mag and tape to a wall "-instagram qutoe or whatever
fuggin hell...place and time.

God. Capital, man. Used to skate to the grocery store...read for an hour so from the huge rack. rip a hot rod mag page...rip a few pages from surfer mag. Bought it years later....but as a kid...it WAS my connection when iw asnt taking the bus for 1.5-2+ hrs. down beach blvd (each way) to get some shitty whatever there was kinda waves on shitty bords, with my awesomel shitty friends (or lack thereof) wearing 8+yrs (beforewe got em) shtty wetsuits, with embarrassing backpacks or baby bag jacked from the family....rockign the ghetto menu at burger king or taco bell....looking like lames with my pathetic friends (who ere in reality a thousand fuggin times more punk rock than ANY band) and not giving a goddamn fugging piece of sh!t cre for more than a few seconds because fucking hell thank you God I got a few sh!tty rights and somehow a left that ran...probbaly acouple pumps or two and even a c areve or odd clseout bounce. maybe a small bottle to split or a shitty J. rap with some chicks that wouldnt have us because we were five years too young and dint have stupid tribal ink nor lifted trucks (nor cocaine). anyone of you HB guys through the early-late 90s remember that old dude on pch in laughably bad criminal sweats and beanie between DQ and el don who used to jump in and out of traffic like he had agun and was james bond? yeha......not much to do with surfermag....bbut still so intertwined.

the surf media unquestionably killed what was good...but for afew years....it kept me going. cheers mag. can't wipe our arses with the internet...eventhough we should

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I used to sit in Barnes N Noble downtown SLO and read through all the surf and car mags. I was on college budget and could not afford to buy them all. That bookstore gave me infinite amount of reading material that I could never afford. It was the best time in life. My walls were plastered with the ad-centric centerfold posters from Surfer, Surfing, and Bodyboarding magazines.

This was just barely when internet was starting to be something, and we could have all bought Google stock IPO and been retired by now.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
"Nothing to rip from a mag and tape to a wall "-instagram qutoe or whatever
fuggin hell...place and time.

God. Capital, man. Used to skate to the grocery store...read for an hour so from the huge rack. rip a hot rod mag page...rip a few pages from surfer mag. Bought it years later....but as a kid...it WAS my connection when iw asnt taking the bus for 1.5-2+ hrs. down beach blvd (each way) to get some shitty whatever there was kinda waves on shitty bords, with my awesomel shitty friends (or lack thereof) wearing 8+yrs (beforewe got em) shtty wetsuits, with embarrassing backpacks or baby bag jacked from the family....rockign the ghetto menu at burger king or taco bell....looking like lames with my pathetic friends (who ere in reality a thousand fuggin times more punk rock than ANY band) and not giving a goddamn fugging piece of sh!t cre for more than a few seconds because fucking hell thank you God I got a few sh!tty rights and somehow a left that ran...probbaly acouple pumps or two and even a c areve or odd clseout bounce. maybe a small bottle to split or a shitty J. rap with some chicks that wouldnt have us because we were five years too young and dint have stupid tribal ink nor lifted trucks (nor cocaine). anyone of you HB guys through the early-late 90s remember that old dude on pch in laughably bad criminal sweats and beanie between DQ and el don who used to jump in and out of traffic like he had agun and was james bond? yeha......not much to do with surfermag....bbut still so intertwined.

the surf media unquestionably killed what was good...but for afew years....it kept me going. cheers mag. can't wipe our arses with the internet...eventhough we should
yer a galdarned poet 20w

like a surfing bukowski

Reactions: MathDebater

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I just read the "Times are changing" post from R32. Its crazy to think all this content could be gone forever. Board sales on here were so good too. It would be such a shame if they shut this down. If money is the issue, maybe they can charge a small fee? Or pick up some sponsor money. Since everything is online now-a-days it wouldn't make much sense to discontinue something like this where the entire surfing community connects, right? :foreheadslap:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I just read the "Times are changing" post from R32. Its crazy to think all this content could be gone forever. Board sales on here were so good too. It would be such a shame if they shut this down. If money is the issue, maybe they can charge a small fee? Or pick up some sponsor money. Since everything is online now-a-days it wouldn't make much sense to discontinue something like this where the entire surfing community connects, right? :foreheadslap:
the deleted 10+ years of content from the old erbb. they had some nuggets in there including faixa rua fren riding a griffin with a fin that doesn't humm but whine. sum du named sole_bro who had epic trac pad placements and shreds. sum du named norway_surfar who handmade boars in a dungeon, literally a freaking dungeon with pics and torture devices. and many many more. too bad.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and urchined