We might need a new erBB Design Forum

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Surfer Magazine potentially (most likely) done for. The entire staff were indefinitely furloughed the other day.

• Wow
Reactions: JDJ

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
What happens if they pull the pin...instantly dead forum with no posting...or a slow death where options can be discussed and acted upon?
No telling just yet. Could be either from the sounds of it.

Background for those who don't know yet:

Surfer Mag just stopped printing magazines. No-one knows if they'll also pull the plug on the website too or keep it going.

Best to have a back-up plan for the erBB just in case.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Al Soldano is glad we might all be out on our digital asses.

I put in a moderator takeover request for r/erBB - an erBB subreddit so we don't have to mingle with those kooks from r/surfing. Even though many of us do anyway.

Last edited:

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA

I put in a moderator takeover request for r/erBB - an erBB subreddit so we don't have to mingle with those kooks from r/surfing. Even though many of us do anyway.
Just make sure to make stickies for such barn burning topics as:
"What's the best way to tie a leash string"
"Which side should I order my leash plug on my fish"
"How many years did your custom take"

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

But there is no r/surfboards, which would probably be more appropriate

Reactions: Havoc and JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I know there's been a couple threads on this over on the General Discussion forum- but I don't f- with those crazy dudes. It's nuts over there. I'd love for some version of the "design" forum to continue, without having to wade through the politics, keyboard tough guys, and culture war threads.
Honestly, I bet there's a good chance this ER website keeps going in the short-med term. The domain name will keep people coming for a while, and as long as there's traffic, they will get revenue from the banner & popup ads, with minimal maintenance. Fingers crossed it makes financial sense for them to leave it alone.

Last edited: