Wax Removal

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Has anyone used one of these or seen one in person?

I've been seeing ads come across my Insta but not sure if its a gimmick or not. Looks legit!

View attachment 162678
I had one but I confused it with my butt plug. It's been up there for a while and I fear that it's gone for good.

• Haha
Reactions: ChaseTMP

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010

I've been seeing ads come across my Insta but not sure if its a gimmick or not. Looks legit!

View attachment 162678
Those things work really well. Despite the odd look.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
So after you install it you just sit on the deck of the board and move around until the wax is gone?
hey... what you do with your board and your wax tool is your own business. No need to share the details on here. lol.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011

View attachment 162678
yep - strips wax in seconds. They are excellent. Good buttplug replacement too.

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
After scraping off the bulk of the wax off of your board, there is no better product I've found for getting the rest off than good old WD40. It also gets rid of the staining that wetsuit gloves and boots leave. I prefer the liquid over the spray. A gallon is about $36 and lasts me a few years.

View attachment 162650

i recommend all surfers use this INSTEAD OF WAX

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
The best wax remover is plain mineral spirits. Cheap and fast.
Based on your screen name I'm assuming you use it to clear air filters too. :cool:

A sharp wax comb / blade, and finish with Goo Gone does the trick. But I have mineral spirits in a bucket to soak air filters in to remove all the oil + dirt, so could easily soak a rag in that and use it to remove all residue from a surfboard after scraping.