Wax Removal

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
cleanline has them
I just ordered one (Wax Fresh) from them. I've never ordered anything from Cleanline, so I used a 15% off code. It was $17.78 shipped/taxed to Redondo Beach.

Really spendy wax scraper, but if it works better than my random flat plastic ones...

I was an early adopter of the Fin Puller, since all my boards have FCSII and it seemed like it'd be helpful. Despite it seeming kooky to me, I actually use it at least every other week. Hopefully the Wax Fresh scraper will prove its worth.

Reactions: SD_Dan and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Originally, I was hesitant on buying the Fin Puller too. But I bought one a few years and love it. Makes life so much easier!

Reactions: ChaseTMP

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Has anyone used one of these or seen one in person?

I've been seeing ads come across my Insta but not sure if its a gimmick or not. Looks legit!

View attachment 162678
Just used it for the first time was great!

My normal process is leave the board in the sun for a bit, then use the hard edge of wax comb to remove wax and aforementioned Sticky Bumps juice.
Living in New England don't have the sunshine in the winter so saw this and said "okay"
- just used the Wax Fresh tool in the garage, no sun, worked great.

Can't speak to it's ability to be used as erotic device...maybe Yourmomsdildo knows.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

My normal process is leave the board in the sun for a bit, then use the hard edge of wax comb to remove wax and aforementioned Sticky Bumps juice.
Living in New England don't have the sunshine in the winter so saw this and said "okay"

Can't speak to it's ability to be used as erotic device...maybe Yourmomsdildo knows.
Great! Thanks for the info.
That is my normal procedure too (leave it in the sun first) but if I get home late or i'm early there is no sun to be seen. I was hoping this tool would get into the heel dent areas better than a regular wax scraper too.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016

I second this. I bought one from Cleanline after seeing it mentioned here. My process was the same as Spicoli's, and I used to hate taking wax off, but no more! With this awesome little tool there is no need to leave your boar in the sun and there is no more hand cramps from using a traditional wax comb. This sucker scrapes it right off, no problemo. My only gripes are that it isn't bigger so I can get more wax off at a time, and that it flakes the wax when you go through it, so it gets a bit messy. Other than that, I'm stocked!

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So I've been surfing for 30 years and just came to the realization that sticky bumps wax remover is a game changer. I feel like such an idiot. It works so much faster with far less effort. Just thought I'd share to those than don't know. For those that did, this is for wasting your time:

View attachment 162606
I just leave my board in the sun for a bit and then .. wait, what was the question again?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I second this. I bought one from Cleanline after seeing it mentioned here. My process was the same as Spicoli's, and I used to hate taking wax off, but no more! With this awesome little tool there is no need to leave your boar in the sun and there is no more hand cramps from using a traditional wax comb. This sucker scrapes it right off, no problemo. My only gripes are that it isn't bigger so I can get more wax off at a time, and that it flakes the wax when you go through it, so it gets a bit messy. Other than that, I'm stocked!
I'll third this, great little tool! It is messier than a straight plastic scraper though. With the straight scraper, the old wax would just accumulate above the handle and I'd ball it up and throw it away. I'm in condo so I usually do most my wax stuff in the parking garage. I don't like to leave little wax bits everywhere because it looks sh^tty when it gets absorbed into the concrete. I put a piece of carpet remnant on the edge of one of our large community trash bins and just let the wax scrapings this lil' gizmo flaked off go directly into the bin.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'll third this, great little tool! It is messier than a straight plastic scraper though. With the straight scraper, the old wax would just accumulate above the handle and I'd ball it up and throw it away. I'm in condo so I usually do most my wax stuff in the parking garage. I don't like to leave little wax bits everywhere because it looks sh^tty when it gets absorbed into the concrete. I put a piece of carpet remnant on the edge of one of our large community trash bins and just let the wax scrapings this lil' gizmo flaked off go directly into the bin.
Wait bro. It’s 2023. You don’t recycle + reuse your old wax?!?