Watch out! Cyclist coming through

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Today was new bike day. I picked up the box Saturday but took my time building and setting it up. It can run 27, 29, or mullet wheels so the frame and fork have lots of geometry adjustments. I found a setup that feels good and lets me easily change front wheel sizes while keeping geometry the same. Box stock on 29" wheels with my seat and pedals it's 34.3lbs. I have some lighter parts and carbon wheels coming, 27 rear, 27 & 29 front that will get it to 32ish pounds.
20210531_213437.jpg

The matching handlebar/stem is pretty.
20210531_213506.jpg

Attachments

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Today was new bike day. I picked up the box Saturday but took my time building and setting it up. It can run 27, 29, or mullet wheels so the frame and fork have lots of geometry adjustments. I found a setup that feels good and lets me easily change front wheel sizes while keeping geometry the same. Box stock on 29" wheels with my seat and pedals it's 34.3lbs. I have some lighter parts and carbon wheels coming, 27 rear, 27 & 29 front that will get it to 32ish pounds.
View attachment 110514

The matching handlebar/stem is pretty.
View attachment 110515
She seems nice.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Aside from the obv questions re: steering that thing, it looks like it’d need some kinda chainguide/tensioner. I imagine you’d lose chains left and right. Especially if the steer tube is functional.
This was an art project where a guy asked random people on the street to draw a normal bicycle from memory. He took the more interesting drawings and reproduced them with rendering software to look real.

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
Have been in Key West for the last three months and even though I already understood the concept of taking the lane I never did it. That was until almost being doored three times in a two week period. I've done it and you 've done it, opening the door of your car without looking. Not placing any blame to anyone. I've been cussed out and at the same time have seen the best of humanity. We do not need to be so militant about our beliefs, believe in the love of people. Saying that, the taxi drivers here can kiss my ass. Well most of them. Think positivity and I'll keep trying.

Just to be clear I only drove my SUV when I went fishing or took my wife for a paddle. This was my main mode of transportation and I loved it. Grocery store, whatever I needed, hop on the bike. It is freedom and until you do it you may not understand.

There is something to the biker mentality but I will never understand the peloton mentality on pedestrian streets. All I am saying is spend time riding and you might understand some of the thought process.

Cheers!