Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The tech is the real deal. High Density foam around the rails, down the center of the board, and around the fin boxes. Flex in mind in all aspects of the design.

Ask any other shaper to shape a blank like that... see what they come up with.
:shrug:
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
SO, here's my latest take: I love Varial.

Strong, has great flex, and lasts. Waterproof means something here.

Used it in Fiji and couldn't have been happier when I could use it.

Now wish I could get it for every board I've had. At one point in Fiji, someone pulled my board out of the bag while on a panga and 'donked' the rail pretty hard on the gunnel of the boat. It sounded awful and everyone let out an 'ugh.' Didn't even put a dent in the board! I freely admit the deck is pock-marked-up, including a spot near the nose where it hit my elbow during a particularly hard wipeout, but the rails and bottom are pristine and it still rides and feels great. I love it.

I haven't read MOST of this thread, and won't given that we're now at page 43. Perhaps someone pointed out something I totally missed, but I freaking love Varial. I hope it doesn't cause testicular cancer, herpes, or something else. I heard it smells like chemicals, though.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
…I freely admit the deck is pock-marked-up, including a spot near the nose where it hit my elbow during a particularly hard wipeout…
You can take the random one out with a heat gun. I’m on my 5th Varial and have taken out numerous dents when they’re in random spots outside of where my wax is. There’s a video and description on their IG.

Reactions: j_mac

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
SO, here's my latest take: I love Varial.

Strong, has great flex, and lasts. Waterproof means something here.

Used it in Fiji and couldn't have been happier when I could use it.

Now wish I could get it for every board I've had. At one point in Fiji, someone pulled my board out of the bag while on a panga and 'donked' the rail pretty hard on the gunnel of the boat. It sounded awful and everyone let out an 'ugh.' Didn't even put a dent in the board! I freely admit the deck is pock-marked-up, including a spot near the nose where it hit my elbow during a particularly hard wipeout, but the rails and bottom are pristine and it still rides and feels great. I love it.

I haven't read MOST of this thread, and won't given that we're now at page 43. Perhaps someone pointed out something I totally missed, but I freaking love Varial. I hope it doesn't cause testicular cancer, herpes, or something else. I heard it smells like chemicals, though.
What board are you riding in it?