Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Do you work on an alternating odd or even week system for board purchases?
:)
Well, I only buy new boars on dates that are palindromes and can be read the same upside down: 12/02/2021

used boars don’t really count, right? For some reason, I have no problem spontaneously buying and selling used ones on CL. I guess it helps they’re usually closer to 50-70% of new. So I have myself convinced I am getting a deal while I experiment with different shapers or designs.
:shrug:
I dunno man. There’s way worse sh&t I could be doing.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Well, I only buy new boars on dates that are palindromes and can be read the same upside down: 12/02/2021

used boars don’t really count, right? For some reason, I have no problem spontaneously buying and selling used ones on CL. I guess it helps they’re usually closer to 50-70% of new. So I have myself convinced I am getting a deal while I experiment with different shapers or designs.
:shrug:
I dunno man. There’s way worse sh&t I could be doing.
:cheers::bowdown:

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Im 4.5 months into my wait for a custom varial. Anyone else waiting this long or did they lose my order?
Which shaper is it through? That is definitely not like them. They don't have any control though over how quickly the blank gets shaped. Also you should just hit them up and ask. They're not like other shapers where if you ask them a question while waiting on a custom they threaten to fuck up your rails and send you a dog.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Which shaper is it through? That is definitely not like them. They don't have any control though over how quickly the blank gets shaped. Also you should just hit them up and ask. They're not like other shapers where if you ask them a question while waiting on a custom they threaten to fook up your rails and send you a dog.
+1. Paul is incredibly chill and answers and addresses customer concern inquiries like a pro.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Curious if anyone from Central or NW:koolaid, aruka, etc or who surfs Blacks would ever consider going varial tech for semi or gun or even step up lots of h20 moving :shrug:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Which shaper is it through? That is definitely not like them. They don't have any control though over how quickly the blank gets shaped. Also you should just hit them up and ask. They're not like other shapers where if you ask them a question while waiting on a custom they threaten to fook up your rails and send you a dog.
Its a channel islands ultra joe as a replacement for the puddle jumper HP they sent me that was a full inch wider than i ordered. They blamed lost and offered me 200 off another board plus color and shipping which i begrudgingly accepted.

Makoman

OTF status
Jun 23, 2003
North East
Its a channel islands ultra joe as a replacement for the puddle jumper HP they sent me that was a full inch wider than i ordered. They blamed lost and offered me 200 off another board plus color and shipping which i begrudgingly accepted.
My CI order took quite awhile too. What was odd was 2 were done long before the third. In touring the CI factory they mentioned one shaper in a room near Britt’s does all the Varial orders.

Reactions: Aruka

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Curious if anyone from Central or NW:koolaid, aruka, etc or who surfs Blacks would ever consider going varial tech for semi or gun or even step up lots of h20 moving :shrug:
Fwiw I’ve ridden my Varial plasmic at blacks without issue. But, it was summer/fall and not big (around hh max) but still afternoon chop and it never felt corky or weird.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I havent had a semi gun or step up in varial yet but i have considered one. I think varial feels pretty suited to that type of design with a damper ride than eps or even xtr and you could get a bit of glass without ending up with mega heavy board.

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
what do these things do when they hit the reef or rocks? do they crack through glass or just get a dent? kinda thought the xtr with the heavy glass wouldnt ding so easy but i find im fixing them just as much as pu. friend had a coil and slipped on the rocks getting out of a keyhole and it didnt have a ding at all thats waht id be hoping for

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
what do these things do when they hit the reef or rocks? do they crack through glass or just get a dent? kinda thought the xtr with the heavy glass wouldnt ding so easy but i find im fixing them just as much as pu. friend had a coil and slipped on the rocks getting out of a keyhole and it didnt have a ding at all thats waht id be hoping for
Why you fixing XTR dinks? The foam doesn't absorb water.

Just ride it :cool:

Reactions: chilly1 and j_mac