Under the glass w/ Brett Barley

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
The place is that much fun. It helps a lot to have some local connections until you figure out how the place works and where the best sandbars are.
Agreed. It can be hard finding the right sandbar but definitely a place that fosters patience. I've spent many hours driving around looking for surfable waves to only be skunked, but have also been rewarded with unforgettable world-class waves.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Agreed. It can be hard finding the right sandbar but definitely a place that fosters patience. I've spent many hours driving around looking for surfable waves to only be skunked, but have also been rewarded with unforgettable world-class waves.
East coast pipeline, am I right?

• Haha
Reactions: Swallow Tail

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You tell me. You're the one that brought it up.
In these times with so many facing existential agony those Christians really have something going for them.

Good folk, most.

Family folk.

Brett has a real wholesome vibe.

Loves Jesus, church, and reading the Bible.

Not fake - I like that.

I can see how a guy like yourself might be triggered though.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Is it me or does he have weird eyes?

Religion is a trip.

I think it's good to keep your spiritual belief to yourself.

I used to have to unload trailers in a warehouse.

And there was this gang of bible bangers working in the ware house.

A lot of them were lazy fucks.

But there was one guy on Team jesus who was hard core when it would come to busting ass unloading the trailers.

Me and him would get in those trailers and bust our assess working as team. I was proably on speed so I could really fly.

He knew I was a godless savage but we had a connection and a respect that he didn't have with the Team Jesus gang,

The point is, that religious stuff don't mean nothing when you need to unload trailers.

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
In these times with so many facing existential agony those Christians really have something going for them.

Good folk, most.

Family folk.

Not fake - I like that.

Are you okay?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Good folk, most.

Family folk.

Not fake - I like that.

This is my 2024 remind to repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand. :waving:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Brett is an incredibly nice guy, exceptionally talented surfer and has unique punchy waves right at his doorstep. Beware when watching his videos that YOUR results may differ. You're probably not as talented and your home break probably isn't as punchy.
He makes waves that most of us wouldn't -- he has the weird wobbles all figured out. He's def the best guy down there -- maybe the best guy ever from the OBX. Fleet of foot af

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
He makes waves that most of us wouldn't -- he has the weird wobbles all figured out. He's def the best guy down there -- maybe the best guy ever from the OBX. Fleet of foot af
Barely held his own at Skeleton Bay and that place is sposed to be wicked hard to surf.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Brett Barley is a footage machine. I can't think of anyone getting more clips in continental USA... extra impressive that he's on EC.

And 20 minute board breakdowns are a perfect fit for forum. Psyched for the next one.