Tyre Nichols

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
i thought Charter schools were for the bad kids? At least where i grew up they sent the kids who couldnt hack normal junior high (LOL) to charter schools - I think one was called Sera in San Juan Capistrano?
Not at all - there are both alternative schools and court schools - depending on what the kid did

Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No I complain about them
forcing you to pay them
taking my money for themselves and their political interest - not mine
making holding teachers accountable nearly impossible
I am a professional and can negotiate for myself w/out a middle man
As an admin you aren't in the union anyway.

Bloated admin is the death of public ed.

I guess that is what the private schools want?

So they can pay you like a del taco worker?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
forcing you to pay them
taking my money for themselves and their political interest
forcing? dont take a union gig - that simple.

in my union - we pay but the benefits far far far exceed what i have to pay in and my rate is well above what a non union rate would be for the same position and the hours are way better. so far no one has brought up ploitics what so ever. win win, no?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
i thought Charter schools were for the bad kids? At least where i grew up they sent the kids who couldnt hack normal junior high (LOL) to charter schools - I think one was called Sera in San Juan Capistrano?
A lot of Charters are public schools that don't have to play by the public school rules but take public school money. Often with very powerful parent organizations that can be either much better or much worse than regular district oversight. Some charters are better than regular schools (usually the ones who don't have to educate every kid) and some are worse (usually hippy woke alt-schools).

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
He offered a cigar - glad I passed - actually it was a real trip to see what all goes into a potus visit - it blew my mind - talk about $$$$ - just crazy what they do
Who knows where that cigar had been?!?

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
forcing? dont take a union gig - that simple.

in my union - we pay but the benefits far far far exceed what i have to pay in and my rate is well above what a non union rate would be for the same position and the hours are way better. so far no one has brought up ploitics what so ever. win win, no?
When I was young and wanting to be a teacher - I had no idea I would be forced into a union whether I liked it or not.
Private unions are a different animal than public ones - one of the reasons we became charter was to have a broader field of who we could hire or fire - It was a good thing all around

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Whenever I question behavour, usually it's childishness driving it.
you know yourself well !! :) )

People responding how they want things to be and not how they are.
I love these theological discussions !! )

I spent a career in the "ghetto" working with Blacks, Hispanics and mostly Filipino - in nearly equal proportions. A disproportionate amount of the blacks made it clear that they were taught from an early age that cops were all bad and authority in general was out to "get them". They also explained to me many times over that stealing was accepted, and that it was the fault of the victim for being careless. If you studied and followed directions you were often targeted for being a "school boy"
How do you think this came to be ?? )

root causes

" The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior. "

The American Civil Liberties Union reported that in 2014, Florida-resident black drivers received nearly 22 percent of all seat belt citations even though they made up only 13.5 percent of that state's drivers. Seat belt compliance was 91.5 percent for white drivers versus 85.8 percent for black drivers, a difference too small to explain the different rate of ticketing between black and white drivers[clarification needed]. The ACLU analysis showed that black drivers would have had over 14,000 fewer seat belt citations if they were ticketed proportionally to total drivers in Florida. The rate that black drivers are ticketed more often than white drivers is four times more in Escambia County, three times more in Palm Beach County and 2.8 times more in Orange County. In Tampa, black drivers received 575 seat belt citations versus 549 for white drivers even though black people make up only 23 percent of Tampa's population***
***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

Also, funny how silent these threads get when hard numbers and facts are introduced. Not expecting a well thought out factual rebuttal from anyone at this point. Any day now!
this !! :) )

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
you know yourself well !! :) )

I love these theological discussions !! )

How do you think this came to be ?? )

" The priests, in control of education, made the class division of society into a permanent institution and created a system of values by which the people were thenceforth, to a large extent unconsciously, guided in their social behavior. "

The American Civil Liberties Union reported that in 2014, Florida-resident black drivers received nearly 22 percent of all seat belt citations even though they made up only 13.5 percent of that state's drivers. Seat belt compliance was 91.5 percent for white drivers versus 85.8 percent for black drivers, a difference too small to explain the different rate of ticketing between black and white drivers[clarification needed]. The ACLU analysis showed that black drivers would have had over 14,000 fewer seat belt citations if they were ticketed proportionally to total drivers in Florida. The rate that black drivers are ticketed more often than white drivers is four times more in Escambia County, three times more in Palm Beach County and 2.8 times more in Orange County. In Tampa, black drivers received 575 seat belt citations versus 549 for white drivers even though black people make up only 23 percent of Tampa's population***
***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

this !! :) )
They were doing stats on suspensions at my sisters school.

She suspended 1 black kid and 1 white kid. And the state would post it online.

They said, "50% of her suspensions are blacks but they only make up 2% of the population!"

They were framing the stats like she were racist.

The kid had tried to smash someone in the head with a rock.:trout:

IF you are going to play the race card you got to be virtuous or you are vulnerable to attack
!! )

Last edited:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Thanx Auto for those straw man stats that are so easy to beat down and such an excellent example of !! ( :
People responding how they want things to be and not how they are.
:)

I thank you and grapedrink thanks you !! )

this is how things are !! ( :
***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

Also, funny how silent these threads get when hard numbers and facts are introduced. Not expecting a well thought out factual rebuttal from anyone at this point. Any day now!

I wonder what the root cause of the Ferguson unrest was ?? )

On August 9, the evening of the shooting, residents had created a makeshift memorial of flowers and candles in the spot where Brown died. According to Mother Jones, an unidentified policeman allowed their dog to urinate on the memorial and police vehicles later crushed the memorial. Mother Jones reported that these incidents inflamed tensions among bystanders, according to Missourian state representative Sharon Pace, who told the reporters for the magazine, "That made people in the crowd mad and it made me mad."[

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

smarter than MLK ?? :shrug:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Thanx Auto for those straw man stats that are so easy to beat down and such an excellent example of !! ( :

:roflmao:

wonder what the root cause of the Ferguson unrest was ??

On August 9, the evening of the shooting, residents had created a makeshift memorial of flowers and candles in the spot where Brown died. According to Mother Jones, an unidentified policeman allowed their dog to urinate on the memorial and police vehicles later crushed the memorial. Mother Jones reported that these incidents inflamed tensions among bystanders, according to Missourian state representative Sharon Pace, who told the reporters for the magazine, "That made people in the crowd mad and it made me mad."[
Oh No! A dog peed on a memorial of a young man who bullied and assaulted a shopkeeper half his size when he was caught stealing, then was killed shortly after when he tried to steal a police officer’s gun.
So sad . , . Not :trout: Stupid games stupid prizes!
Also, Mothet Jones :roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
:roflmao:

Oh No! A dog peed on a memorial of a young man who bullied and assaulted a shopkeeper half his size when he was caught stealing, then was killed shortly after when he tried to steal a police officer’s gun.
So sad . , . Not :trout: Stupid games stupid prizes!
Also, Mothet Jones :roflmao:
Yeah I mean it's not like the backup quarterback kneeled during the anthem or anything earth shattering like that.

• Love

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

***TIP OF THE ICEBERG
!! )

I wonder what the root cause of the Ferguson unrest was ?? )

Not a strawman. You miss my point. We are having a collision of frames. But I am used to that.

I wonder what the break down of seat belt violation by class (how much money a person makes).

Do you have that stat?

IT might not support your frame.

Blacks got a legitimate gripe.

But so do lots of groups of people.

Now we all admit this, what do we do?

No one seems to have an answer for that.

What is the acceptable rate of exessive use of force?

Is there a number that the black race advocates have?

Last edited: