Twitter....done?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I guess this argument could be made irrespective of who ultimately owns it, and someone would have to truly fact check this but what I read:

The DMs sent through Twitter are unencrypted and a new owner would suddenly have access to all that information.

:shrug:
I guess there is that.

But overall, this is just a rich guy buying sh!t.

Is it gratuitous and eccentrically crazy?

Yes.

But if it wasn't him, it would be someone else and this isn't anywhere near as bad as another conglomerate getting more gargantuan.

Reactions: Phi1

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
What I don't understand is why they care. There's a million vapid content social media platforms out there. Bail on Twitter and instead, TikTok a 10-20 second thesis of your latest article.
I’m sure you’ve heard the “face for radio” phrase before. Now apply to Twitter. ;)

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Some people don't want to hear from right wing assholes on twitter. I bet some megachurch pastor wouldn't like being told he's a con-artist peddling imaginary friend bullshit to fleece marks all day long either.

Some people think your standard issue egomaniac who tolerates no criticism taking Twitter private might be a bad thing.

Some people think Twitter and its users are Sofa King and can't wait for Elon to purge anyone who criticizes renewable energy, electric cars, and government subsidies thereof.

What I don't understand is why they care. There's a million vapid content social media platforms out there. Bail on Twitter and instead, TikTok a 10-20 second thesis of your latest article.
The American Library Association should buy up all social media and then shut it all down. Followed by a nationwide weed, wine, and book fair.

Make America Literate Again.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I’m sure you’ve heard the “face for radio” phrase before. Now apply to Twitter. ;)
Twitter seems to be the domain of female journalists. About half the women in journalism are somewhere between mountable 20-30 something and seriously attractive.

I get that TikTok specifically is about hot 19 year old girls lip-syncing to the world's worst auto-tune soundcloud rap while doing the hoochie shuffle, but outside of Andrea Mitchell, Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow, and Christiane Amanpour, the vast majority of high profile female journalists that actually have a Twitter have faces for television.

You would. And, drumroll, you would.

• Love
Reactions: Phi1

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Oh he's just feeding you bait.

And damn it, he's been clever lately about avoiding my lures. Gotta stop trolling with a cinder block. :cursing:
Not so sure, he started out doing it just be an edgelord, but now he really believes his sthick

Reactions: hal9000

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I can't even begin to fathom why anyone cares about this

he did make a comment about "authenticating all humans" or something like that

if he made twitter fully identifiable, that could be QUITE interesting

counterpoint: I think internet sock puppets make for some of the absolute best parody and commentary; it's the ultimate form of comedy for the internet generation.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I can't even begin to fathom why anyone cares about this

he did make a comment about "authenticating all humans" or something like that

if he made twitter fully identifiable, that could be QUITE interesting

counterpoint: I think internet sock puppets make for some of the absolute best parody and commentary; it's the ultimate form of comedy for the internet generation.

Devin Nunes' cow.......DONE

• Sad
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit