Twitter....done?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Can someone explain why there is an outcry over Elon Musk buying Twitter?

People/Corporations buying up other corporations isn't really all that new...

The massive bright side is that for once it isn't Disney or Time Warner gobbling something up.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

The massive bright side is that for once it isn't Disney or Time Warner gobbling something up.
because he doesn't follow the New Religion

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

I don't think there is. Aside from a few people who don't want to see Trump back, I don't think anyone gives a sh!t. It seems like another right-generated outrage that they're outraged by.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

I guess this argument could be made irrespective of who ultimately owns it, and someone would have to truly fact check this but what I read:

The DMs sent through Twitter are unencrypted and a new owner would suddenly have access to all that information.

:shrug:

Reactions: $kully

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yep, zero principles, ok as long it pisses off decent people. What else can be expected from a tattoed Zona Proud Boi.
Do you seriously think anyone who is able to pony up $44 billion has any principles whatsoever? :roflmao:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Some people don't want to hear from right wing assholes on twitter. I bet some megachurch pastor wouldn't like being told he's a con-artist peddling imaginary friend bullshit to fleece marks all day long either.

Some people think your standard issue egomaniac who tolerates no criticism taking Twitter private might be a bad thing.

Some people think Twitter and its users are Sofa King and can't wait for Elon to purge anyone who criticizes renewable energy, electric cars, and government subsidies thereof.

What I don't understand is why they care. There's a million vapid content social media platforms out there. Bail on Twitter and instead, TikTok a 10-20 second thesis of your latest article.