Truth Social...Done

Feb 5, 2024
What went bankrupt? Need details. Also, there is the flip side being the number of people employed over the years by Trump and by extension the vendors and suppliers. Have you considered it might be a big net positive while you nutters only focus on the negative for political purposes.
i was once one of those vendors..the easy money funded my surf adventures.
gotta admit he's good for business..

Reactions: GromsDad

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Somewhere there is a thread that contains a bit of dialog between me at Lifeonmars.

I mentioned I had bought GE and sub $13 prices and Lifeonmars thought that was stupid and had some reasonable thoughts why I was bound to lose.

I thought I had just as reasonable thoughts why I was bound to win.

Same thread may have been the one where he and I made a $100 bet on S&P500 direction (which he lost).

Wish I could find it the thread, but it may have been nuked when he got the heave-ho.

Anyway, at present, GE is a turn around story* (at present, who knows about tomorrow) and if the spin offs do as well as the Baby Bells.....

* - not necessarily for those who bought too high and sold too low

Edit:

Interesting column on the DWAC to DJT IPO here (click me). If a picture is worth a 1000 words and you want the small picture:

1711669499103.png

But no matter, I don't have the $ to short it because as someone much wiser than I said, and I paraphrase, 'the market can remain irrational longer than I can remain solvent'.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Somewhere there is a thread that contains a bit of dialog between me at Lifeonmars.

I mentioned I had bought GE and sub $13 prices and Lifeonmars thought that was stupid and had some reasonable thoughts why I was bound to lose.

I thought I had just as reasonable thoughts why I was bound to win.

Same thread may have been the one where he and I made a $100 bet on S&P500 direction (which he lost).

Wish I could find it the thread, but it may have been nuked when he got the heave-ho.

Anyway, at present, GE is a turn around story* (at present, who knows about tomorrow) and if the spin offs do as well as the Baby Bells.....

* - not necessarily for those who bought too high and sold too low

Edit:

Interesting column on the DWAC to DJT IPO here (click me). If a picture is worth a 1000 words and you want the small picture:

View attachment 176449

But no matter, I don't have the $ to short it because as someone much wiser than I said, and I paraphrase, 'the market can remain irrational longer than I can remain solvent'.
Put options?

The former U.S. president is barred from selling Trump Media shares until a six-month lockup period expires, but he could seek a waiver from the company's board, which includes one of his sons and several former members of his administration

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
There's way savvier investors on the erBB than me. @Mr Doof - whose every post is fiduciary advice and for which he takes full liability - is in this thread, just for starters.
You flatter me way, way, way too much. But all the same, my fragile male ego enjoys the temporary boost.

Anyway, heard something on the news this A.M. about the DJT ticker being one of the more heavily shorted stocks out there, and we all saw what that did with GME....the short squeeze nearly killed Robinhood and some others (until the powers that be put in the fix).

So yeah, I don't have the huevos to join in, one way or the other.

By the way, since we're talking, I kinda see DJT is a similar light to other things that some people think have no value (A.I. and crypto spring to mind): if there is enough people out there who view it as having value and back their view with actual money, well, its worth what its worth and it sucks to be the small guy who is on the 'wrong' side of things and can't sway the perception (unless you are part of the 'right' swarm).

Edit: I see others have seen the short position too. Part of me is curious to to look deeper, but, only so much time in a day.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What went bankrupt? Need details. Also, there is the flip side being the number of people employed over the years by Trump and by extension the vendors and suppliers. Have you considered it might be a big net positive while you nutters only focus on the negative for political purposes.
Yes, vendors love people who claim bankruptcy and don't pay their bill.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
my god, you are such a pathetic little Trump gargler

I can't believe you fkn typed that out

#zerointegrity

the stock barely got above 10% of opening and is now more than 10% below opening

Trump can't cash out for 6 months unless he asks the board

it would be publicly reported if he asked the board for a waiver whether or not they were to grant it

(the board is a bunch of Trump lackeys including Devin Nunez and one of his DILs)

smart money would dump if they knew the largest shareholder was about to dump

(hint, morons, selling at that volume would tank the price)

yet again, the MAGA idiots are going to wind up holding the bag

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
A company that has only lost money is worth billions? Can someone explain this to me?