Trump campaign: Exploiting hacked/stolen emails is free speech.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/10/trump-campaign-defends-wikileaks-use-hacked-dnc-emails/572587/

Wait, did they just admit to collusion with Russia?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Except when it happens to Trumpworld,, then they whine like bitches and want to prosecute. Just more hypocrisy from the masters.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Is this statement wrong? "The First Amendment protects the campaign’s “right to disclose information—even stolen information—so long as (1) the speaker did not participate in the theft and (2) the information deals with matters of public concern.”

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
Is this statement wrong? "The First Amendment protects the campaign’s “right to disclose information—even stolen information—so long as (1) the speaker did not participate in the theft and (2) the information deals with matters of public concern.”
Receiving stolen information probably a crime, no? If the above becomes the law on stuff like this, all bets are off when it comes to hacking campaigns. Trump aside, I don't think that's a good precedent.

BTW, this is the new Trump strategy for Mueller. "Well, yeah, we knew they were stealing it but we didn't help them so NO COLLUSION".

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
ifallalot said:
:roflmao:

A loss on Kavanaugh, so back to COLLUSHUN
Were not you against Kavanaugh getting confirmed, the joy of librul women's change your mind?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Did they really "recieve stolen information" or did they simply use information made public by wikileaks, but largely ignored by the main stream media, to their advantage. I think you know it was the latter. Trump was doing the media's job for them and forcing them to report stuff that they were trying to bury because it was damaging to Obama/Clinton/Democrats.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
Did they really "recieve stolen information" or did they simply use information made public by wikileaks, but largely ignored by the main stream media, to their advantage. I think you know it was the latter. Trump was doing the media's job for them and forcing them to report stuff that they were trying to bury because it was damaging to Obama/Clinton/Democrats.
I don't know.

I think that's what Mueller's looking at. I'm content to wait to see what he finds.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GromsDad said:
you're apparently unaware of the text message exchange between Wikileaks and Don Jr.
coordinating the release schedule and the talking points....

how unusual.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
StuAzole said:
GromsDad said:
I don't know.

I think that's what Mueller's looking at. I'm content to wait to see what he finds.
You don't know because the only news you were probably paying attention to at the time was CNN and MSNBC. If you had been paying better attention you would have seen this stuff on the web long before Trump brought it up or your news sources were dragged kicking and screaming into giving these things coverage.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
StuAzole said:
GromsDad said:
I don't know.

You don't know because the only news you were probably paying attention to at the time was CNN and MSNBC. If you had been paying better attention you would have seen this stuff on the web long before Trump brought it up or your news sources were dragged kicking and screaming into giving these things coverage.
Are you suggesting the news has all the answers already? That they know what Mueller knows? OK.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
mundus said:
ifallalot said:

Were not you against Kavanaugh getting confirmed, the joy of librul women's change your mind?
I was against his confirmation, doesn’t mean i can’t point out standard #resist ridiculousness

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
mundus said:
ifallalot said:

I was against his confirmation, doesn’t mean i can’t point out standard #resist ridiculousness
Except, it's not "back" to COLLUSHN, the COLLUSHN facts are still present.

Just because we were talking about Kavanaugh doesn't mean the COLLUSHN investigation is not delivering.

Trumptard is producing so many fvck ups daily that it's hard to keep up with all of it at the same time.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'll just leave this here...

A close adviser to Vice President Al Gore said he had received an anonymously mailed package today that involved material designed to prepare Gov. George W. Bush for his debates with Mr. Gore.

The adviser, former Representative Tom Downey of Long Island, N.Y., said he examined the materials briefly before giving them to his lawyer, who turned them over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation this afternoon. Mr. Downey, who has been helping Mr. Gore prepare for the Bush debates and was standing in for Mr. Bush in mock debates, also said he would recuse himself from any further debate preparation.

The Bush and Gore campaigns are to meet on Thursday to negotiate the debate schedule. If the candidates adhere to a plan set up by a bipartisan commission, the first debate will be on Oct. 3 in Boston.

Campaign officials said they did not know if the materials sent to Mr. Downey had been stolen from the Bush campaign or were meant to trap the Gore adviser in some sort of dirty trick. Mr. Downey's lawyer, Marc Miller, said the material -- a videotape and a sheaf of papers -- arrived in an envelope postmarked Austin, Tex., where the Bush campaign has its headquarters.

The Gore campaign was eager to dissociate itself quickly from the incident. After Mr. Miller called the F.B.I., campaign officials alerted The Associated Press that the packet had arrived and provided a detailed time line of Mr. Downey's actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/14/us/the-2000-campaign-the-debate-gore-aide-receives-then-lets-go-of-hot-potato.html

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
ifallalot said:
mundus said:
ifallalot said:

Do you think Kavanaugh probably jumped on little Ms.Blasey back in 1982 or whenever? Held his hand over her mouth and groped her body? This is a yes or no question.