Trumby commits a new impeachable offense via twitter.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There’s no law protecting whistleblower identity.

Also, we all know who he his. The pretending otherwise is silly.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
There’s no law protecting whistleblower identity.

Also, we all know who he his. The pretending otherwise is silly.
Yes there is.

In keeping with the statutory protections afforded to employees who bring a complaint or information to the IG, the employee may provide the statement and notice to the DCI, and obtain guidance, anonymously.

There’s other very relevant statutes in the ‘98 law that further the whistleblowers protection from retaliation for exposing wrongdoing. Including exposure of the individual making the report.

not every expert and opinion piece on the internets agree that there is no protection under the law; which makes the intention and validity of those who think there is no protection suspect when considering what the law says.

Reactions: doubleup

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
While non-intelligence civil servants can take retaliation cases to court, the intelligence community does not have this privilege due to concerns about classified material. This means intelligence whistleblowers could face punishment at work even if it’s illegal, possibly with limited legal recourse.
WB is intelligence.

Will the whistleblower’s identity be kept a secret?
The president told reporters he is “trying to find out” the identity of the whistleblower. Ultimately, there’s nothing that can block Trump from revealing who he or she is, said Bradley Moss, a whistleblower attorney who specializes in national security. However, the law explicitly tasks the president with enforcing protections against retaliation.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Can I remind you guys that everyone knows who he is?

This act of pretending he’s not known is ludicrous.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
You posted an article and I posted the actual law (of which succeeds the law discussed in your article) with the specific segment outlined clearly.

there’s plenty of articles available of the opposite opinion of the PBS article.

PS no one is pretending they don’t know the individuals name who was outed by right wing outlets

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You posted an article and I posted the actual law (of which succeeds the law discussed in your article) with the specific segment outlined clearly.

there’s plenty of articles available of the opposite opinion of the PBS article.

PS no one is pretending they don’t know the individuals name who was outed by right wing outlets
He was outed by Adam Schiff.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes there is.

There’s other very relevant statutes in the ‘98 law that further the whistleblowers protection from retaliation for exposing wrongdoing. Including exposure of the individual making the report.

not every expert and opinion piece on the internets agree that there is no protection under the law; which makes the intention and validity of those who think there is no protection suspect when considering what the law says.
I read regulatory code as part of my work. I’m going to assume you don’t know the difference between “may” and “shall”.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Clearly you are ignorant of the difference. So was a county enforcement agency that fined one of clients $25 million. Good thing the mediator knew the difference.

The regulation in question was changed (after the fine was dropped) from “may“ to “shall”.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Clicked on Hal's link. You'd think he'd be embarrassed to post something like that.

My personal favorite part is when the left wing conspiracy nut writing the piece accuses a writer on the other side of being a right wing conspiracy nut. Great journalism right there. This is the stuff Hal clings to.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Clicked on Hal's link. You'd think he'd be embarrassed to post something like that.

My personal favorite part is when the left wing conspiracy nut writing the piece accuses a writer on the other side of being a right wing conspiracy nut. Great journalism right there. This is the stuff Hal clings to.
The crap you post is worse :ROFLMAO:

which makes your “holier than thou” feeling even funnier.