Trumby’s surprise visit to Walter Reed Hospital yesterday....

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hey GD, surfing today looks big and nast(by EC standards) up here, but the winds looks lke it is goonna swing around for your area. May give it a go in aftenoon up here.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Hey GD, surfing today looks big and nast(by EC standards) up here, but the winds looks lke it is goonna swing around for your area. May give it a go in aftenoon up here.
My son took some beatings and got a couple of heavy rides yesterday before dark. Checked it this morning. Cloud Breaking a mile out. I have a 1:00 work meeting this afternoon about an hour inland and as soon as that wraps up and I drive back I'll be checking and possibly getting out before dark. Tomorrow looks promising. I have a 10:00 meeting to work around which is actually near some decent spots. I'll have my gear with me.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He said he went in for “phase 1“ on Sat. Gender reassignment? Would that be the last straw for iFall?

Reactions: lagunaboy

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
My son took some beatings and got a couple of heavy rides yesterday before dark. Checked it this morning. Cloud Breaking a mile out. I have a 1:00 work meeting this afternoon about an hour inland and as soon as that wraps up and I drive back I'll be checking and possibly getting out before dark. Tomorrow looks promising. I have a 10:00 meeting to work around which is actually near some decent spots. I'll have my gear with me.
SJ could be really good this afternooon.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
By the way, the water temp dropped like a rock. Jr didn't last long in a 4/3 with yesterday's icey wind and no sunshine. A week ago a good 3/2 with boots was fine. Winter has arrived early.
5 mil for me, mostly due to air temps, plus got to get used to paddling in gloves(hate them)

• Wow
Reactions: ~rwright~

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Xcel 2mm gloves work wonders early on before it gets really cold. I go thin on gloves for as long as I can even if I have to keep my hands under my armpits between waves.
Just got out, didn't miss a thing if you did not make it out.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
63 is fckng freezing in trunks. 67 with a 2/1 longsleeve top and a warm sunny day with light winds. Maybe.
It wasn't too bad - 61 is pretty much my limit as I discovered. Besides, my choices were a 3/2 full or trunking it. I would have cooked in the full. I don't comprehend how/why everyone else was wearing one.

Considering how perpetually waterlogged my 6'6" is (foolish to surf it back-to-back days), I have a feeling I would have sank it to my collarbones as I sat on it in a wetsuit.

Reactions: ~rwright~