Too soon?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
When my house and the coastline of my state got wrecked my hurricane Sandy I had no problem getting gasoline. Electricity took almost three weeks.
Interesting.

I just read that 25% of Tampa gas stations are completely out of gas, and the majority are about out.. The run before the storm left many stations empty and drivers stranded too.

I'll bet no Tesla owners had trouble charging before the storm.

Can gas stations open without power?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Can gas stations open without power?
No.

But in a worst case scenario you can hand pump the fuel out of the tanks.

Also, a lot of people have these (i have one). Goes in the back of a pickup truck and the pump gets power off the truck‘s electrical.

Again, this is for sh!t hits the fan scenario. In a situation like what we have down in Florida there’s almost no tactical difference between E-cars and ICE cars. sh!t hasn’t hit the fan yet.

The longer the power is out it starts to favor ICE if you are prepared in advance.

Reactions: Mr Doof

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
We all see the fools who try to drive their cars and trucks through washed out intersections and over-flowing creeks/rivers, etc. I wonder what happens when a Tesla driver tries its and stalls in water that turns out to be too deep. Could it be ‘shocking’ (hopefully there are news crews with their cameras on)

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
We all see the fools who try to drive their cars and trucks through washed out intersections and over-flowing creeks/rivers, etc. I wonder what happens when a Tesla driver tries its and stalls in water that turns out to be too deep. Could it be ‘shocking’ (hopefully there are news crews with their cameras on)
Apparently teslas do very well dealing with floods. Sorry for the annoying video, there’s other sources.

• Love
Reactions: john4surf

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
If sh!t really hit the fan, you could at least siphon gas out of disabled/abandoned cars.

But mowing down zombies might go better with an EV. Don’t have to worry about body parts fucking up the radiator. I hate it when that happens.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I can't remember which hurricane it was but when the evacuations hit Tesla sent out a patch to throttle performance and allow their cars to get extra miles or something like that.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
fun fact; tesla's loose battery life while idle. ask my father in law how fun it was after a three week trip oversees to come back to his car with zero battery life.

sandy was fun. every boat had essentially free gas! just remember how to siphon and check to make sure no water!

honestly, this is just dumb. government mandates one way or the other is just wrong. both energy systems have their place and value.