Too soon?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
gt3 gulf is pretty sweet.

Hey. Gromsdad, cooling tower implosion was pretty rad. Thought for a moment it wasn’t going to go and someone effd up.
Had an early work appointment that ran long so I got a late start getting to the spot I wanted to shoot from. Had to settle for shooting from across the bay. I got to this spot with two minutes to spare.

This photographer shot it from where I had originally planned to go. His shots were awesome.

Capture.jpg

Reactions: npsp and hammies

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I sold my old Corvette to some guy in FL. It had some interesting trailer mates. View attachment 138868
I've seen some rich dudes collect cars, and guitars, and sports memorabilia.

It really makes be happy because I know being rich leads to not knowing what to do with money.

These things are tools and should be treated with disrespect owed to any tool.

Guitars get me the most.

I see guys all fussy with their collector's guitar and I want to El Kabong it over their fat white guy heads.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Didn't you once bag on someone who told some story about their dad who was laughing at other car drivers about gas prices and how he didn't care because he had a hybrid or something. You said something like how you didn't like people who laugh about other people's problems, and now here you are doing the same thing. So the old saying is true, you become what you hate

Reactions: hal9000

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Had an early work appointment that ran long so I got a late start getting to the spot I wanted to shoot from. Had to settle for shooting from across the bay. I got to this spot with two minutes to spare.

This photographer shot it from where I had originally planned to go. His shots were awesome.

View attachment 138872
What is that sequence. :roflmao:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
If I took that picture and realized that the implosion is so tiny in the frame, I would throw it in the garbage.

Better yet, I would never take it.
Never seen an implosion let alone tried to photograph it. I got there literally two minutes before they took it down. It wasn't a good vantage point because I didn't have time to drive further to where I wanted to shoot from. I could have shot it with the 100-400 at 400 and had a tighter shot or I could have cropped the raw files. I didn't post the shots to impress anyone anyway.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
If I took that picture and realized that the implosion is so tiny in the frame, I would throw it in the garbage.

Better yet, I would never take it.
If you had any clue about the geographic location, the highway in the foreground and the distance of the bay, you’d keep your yodeling to yourself.

but

here you are spewing your nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
I started to drive to a closer vantage point but traffic was too heavy and I didn't want to miss it so I turned around and got to the one spot I knew I could get to in time. Barely made it. I decided not to shoot the images any tighter or crop the raw files because I thought the marsh in the foreground looked good. When they implode the tall scrubber tower that will be pretty cool.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If you had any clue about the geographic location, the highway in the foreground and the distance of the bay, you’d keep your yodeling to yourself.

but

here you are spewing your nonsense.
Yes, if I had a clue about the geographic location I wouldn't have taken the stupid photo.

Which is what I said.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I started to drive to a closer vantage point but traffic was too heavy and I didn't want to miss it so I turned around and got to the one spot I knew I could get to in time. Barely made it. I decided not to shoot the images any tighter or crop the raw files because I thought the marsh in the foreground looked good. When they implode the tall scrubber tower that will be pretty cool.
Im glad you drove around a lot for nothing