Too Many Questions

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Anyone else sick of the incessant questions we're asked out in the world, by both people and machines?

Gas Station Pump: Do you want to join the club? Do you want a car wash? Do you want a receipt?
Coffee place: Do you want room for cream? Do you want cream? Iced or hot? Do you want a receipt? Do you want to start a card?
Fast Food: Do you wanna make that a meal? What size? Do you wanna upgrade that for $.50?

I had someone at a coffee shop ask me all of these things and more and I said, as nicely as possible, "I just want what I ordered, thank you." This person said if the manager didn't hear these questions being asked that she'd be in trouble.

Fuxache people. I just ordered exactly what I came in here for.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Anyone else sick of the incessant questions we're asked out in the world, by both people and machines?

Gas Station Pump: Do you want to join the club? Do you want a car wash? Do you want a receipt?
Coffee place: Do you want room for cream? Do you want cream? Iced or hot? Do you want a receipt? Do you want to start a card?
Fast Food: Do you wanna make that a meal? What size? Do you wanna upgrade that for $.50?

I had someone at a coffee shop ask me all of these things and more and I said, as nicely as possible, "I just want what I ordered, thank you." This person said if the manager didn't hear these questions being asked that she'd be in trouble.

I am on your side,

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Yes. Legit businesses data mining me is so goddam irritating and it seems to happen constantly nowdays. I'm already getting spam calls all day long and stupid text messages because seems everyone is selling your data these days.

I know they're mining data in stores so it's a "NO" everytime they ask...but I think more and more businesses you wouldn't suspect are selling your data because I'm getting robocalls all day long as well as text messages.

It's gotten to the point where I have to grill anyone who asks for my number.

I needed a nail file for a project yesterday and Sally Beauty Supply was across the street from O'Reilly so I figured I'd buy it there.

Keep in mind my appearance on my days off here at home is disheveled / borderline homeless.

I get to the counter.

"What's your phone number?"

"No thanks, I'm just buying this."

"Do you know anyone with a phone number here?"

"No. Look, I'm not giving any phone number. Just need to buy this."

"OK, well we don't sell it to anyone and we don't send out too many emails."

:foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It’s hospitality. Why do you hate hospitality so much?

Supersize that for ya Bubba?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Yes. Legit businesses data mining me is so goddam irritating and it seems to happen constantly nowdays. I'm already getting spam calls all day long and stupid text messages because seems everyone is selling your data these days.

I know they're mining data in stores so it's a "NO" everytime they ask...but I think more and more businesses you wouldn't suspect are selling your data because I'm getting robocalls all day long as well as text messages.

It's gotten to the point where I have to grill anyone who asks for my number.

I needed a nail file for a project yesterday and Sally Beauty Supply was across the street from O'Reilly so I figured I'd buy it there.

Keep in mind my appearance on my days off here at home is disheveled / borderline homeless.

I get to the counter.

"What's your phone number?"

"No thanks, I'm just buying this."

"Do you know anyone with a phone number here?"

"No. Look, I'm not giving any phone number. Just need to buy this."

"OK, well we don't sell it to anyone and we don't send out too many emails."

:foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap:
You should have asked if she was in to anal. (for Drainer)

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Emails:

TELL US HOW WE ARE DOING... please take this short survey to help us do better and serve you best....
Email newsletter sign up options at online checkouts:

1. Yes, please subscribe my email to receive notifications about sales, special events and reciece a code for 20% off my first order.
2. No, I do not want to know about special savings or 20% off my next order.

Reactions: keenfish

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
I think the problem is that colleges have been pumping out way too many marketing, PR and business degrees, and not enough degrees in, you know, useful stuff.

My building is run by a corporate management company that has changed the name of the building like three times in five years, and is constantly doing promotions with the local businesses, but can't fix the plumbing or the lock on the front door.

I feel like this is all related, somehow. We live in the Age of Bullshit.