Too Many Questions

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
How about when you're driving and your phone asks if you're driving and you're forced to lie.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
How about when you're driving and your phone asks if you're driving and you're forced to lie.
How about this.. I am such a creature of habit that when I get in my car my phone alerts me of where I am going and how many minutes until I reach my destination. I didn't ask my phone it just pings to let me know.
Creepy!

• Haha
Reactions: kidfury

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Anyone else sick of the incessant questions we're asked out in the world, by both people and machines?

Gas Station Pump: Do you want to join the club? Do you want a car wash? Do you want a receipt?
Coffee place: Do you want room for cream? Do you want cream? Iced or hot? Do you want a receipt? Do you want to start a card?
Fast Food: Do you wanna make that a meal? What size? Do you wanna upgrade that for $.50?

I had someone at a coffee shop ask me all of these things and more and I said, as nicely as possible, "I just want what I ordered, thank you." This person said if the manager didn't hear these questions being asked that she'd be in trouble.

Fuxache people. I just ordered exactly what I came in here for.
I have t read all the responses, so maybe this was already posted, but
Blame mcdonalds
would you like fries with that is the original forced up sell attempt
but at least with McDonald’, it was a really good upsell, as long as the fries were fresh

Reactions: Boneroni

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I have t read all the responses, so maybe this was already posted, but
Blame mcdonalds
would you like fries with that is the original forced up sell attempt
but at least with McDonald’, it was a really good upsell, as long as the fries were fresh
And that was brilliant, and likely led to the "Meal" options. Did anyone ever say no to those wonderful fries, though?

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
mickey d's shakes and fries. that entty level chit right. just one move up to a career on the grill

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
And that was brilliant, and likely led to the "Meal" options. Did anyone ever say no to those wonderful fries, though?
What’s even more brilliant are the no strings attached bathrooms where you can easily B-Line without even being seen by someone at the counter. Makes it easy to stop and use their pisser because there’s no obligation to buy something . . . . Until you get a wiff of them fries :toilet:

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
What’s even more brilliant are the no strings attached bathrooms where you can easily B-Line without even being seen by someone at the counter. Makes it easy to stop and use their pisser because there’s no obligation to buy something . . . . Until you get a wiff of them fries :toilet:
Da truf!

Whoever has to clean the restroom must hate that though. Practically rolling out the red carpet for anyone with mudbutt.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Even mid-pandemic I knew I could use a bathroom at McDonald's. Some had 'em roped off but no one said anything when I used 'em. Man, that was a tough time to be a market sales rep. Thank fcuk LA has so many alleys.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I upsell all the time. Seems easier when the upsell in question is 5 or 6 figures as opposed to 5 or 6 bucks

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I always say "I've politely told you no thank you three times. What the fuck is it going to take?"

Then they always look hurt.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
How about this.. I am such a creature of habit that when I get in my car my phone alerts me of where I am going and how many minutes until I reach my destination. I didn't ask my phone it just pings to let me know.
Creepy!
Certain times of the year I get the "____ minutes from xxxxx public restroom" which is really creepy. I swear it's next to a surf spot I check :roflmao:

Reactions: keenfish