Tomo MPH

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Years back, Futures sent me a free t shirt when I ordered a replacement fin direct from their HB office.

i love a good free tshirt.

see how im praising futures in a tomo thread bc of a free tshirt?

do the needful, Tony.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Where are they made?!?
Edit: it says "printed in USA'. LOL if a shirt with a "Dark Arts, Made in USA" graphic was made overseas. :foreheadslap:
Dark Arts tees = the Album of surf tees?
Aim higher. Rather have one of these
IMG_0966.jpeg
Perfect parking lot flex along with a pair of carbon fiber sawhorses and a plush black changing poncho. So sick, bros

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I got a free Dark Arts tee from a boardroom show event in 2019 (i think). It was he first started out. I guess it was destiny for me to have a Dark Arts all these years later. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: waxfoot

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I got a free Dark Arts tee from a boardroom show event in 2019 (i think). It was he first started out. I guess it was destiny for me to have a Dark Arts all these years later. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
What did you end up settling on? I was hoping to see a Vader.

Reactions: ReForest
Mar 19, 2013
On the other hand, my single least favorite board from Daniel. Just did not like it. Bogged, wasn't drivey, felt dead. I much prefer the MPH boards (OB1, V4, Psyko, etc).
The Hydroshort was? What didnt you like about it? Thanks

Aug 9, 2015
The hydroshort is one of the most back footed boards I have ever surfed. Gas pedal when pressuring the back foot. Pumping/pressuring off the front foot, bog city. I love the evo. Wish I knew which of his other models had a rocker similar to the evo. Could not get the hydroshort to work. If you love the hydroshort you are a back footed surfer.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I liked the Hydroshort a lot. It was a good compliment in the quiver. Had speed and flow, could pop a swerve or two like a short board, and also didn't need perfect conditions to go. Still worked good when the wind was up and things were wonky too. Had it out a few times at a very hollow Indo beachie and it did what it needed to do. Would have preferred to have been on my Hydronaut, but I was saving that for when I really needed it as that place was a board snapper. Actually, the DA Hydroshort's 'round tail' looks quite pinny to me - looks very similar to the Hydronaut's outline. If I had space in my quiver right now, I'd love to double YOLO a 5'8 Vader and a 5'10 or 5'11 Hydroshort...

Last edited:
Reactions: ReForest and sh3

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Duffy are you about to yolo a DA Tomo right after yoloing a DA AO

:bowdown:
Let’s say hypothetically if I were to pick up a DA Evo what size should I get. I’ve read here and elsewhere that they work best “ridiculously short” but how short are we talking? The closest thing I have resembling a “normal“ shortboard is a stock 6’3 Ghost a bit over 34L.

I’m 6’1 and weighed 200 this morning.

Looking at the DA website…5’8 - 5’7 - 5’6?

On a forum search I found that @oeste858 had a 5’5 and that dude just bought an AO from me that I replaced with an AO of the same dims.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Let’s say hypothetically if I were to pick up a DA Evo what size should I get. I’ve read here and elsewhere that they work best “ridiculously short” but how short are we talking? The closest thing I have resembling a “normal“ shortboard is a stock 6’3 Ghost a bit over 34L.

I’m 6’1 and weighed 200 this morning.

Looking at the DA website…5’8 - 5’7 - 5’6?

On a forum search I found that @oeste858 had a 5’5 and that dude just bought an AO from me that I replaced with an AO of the same dims.
I’d go 5’7. Tony will for sure have to throw in a shirt then

• Haha

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
I’m 6’1 190 mediocre surfing ability. Had a 5’6 Evo and 5’7.. I liked the 5’7 better. The lift due to the channels reminded me of the Plasmic a little however plasmic is better imo.