Tomo MPH

Mar 19, 2013
Can anyone give any feedback on the Hydroshort? I have always been drawn to the shape, now that it is in DA I am debating between the Hydroshort and the Bom Dia. Going to Mexico this summer (frontside point breaks) and will use either one when the waves get a little bigger. Any insight is appreciated.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Can anyone give any feedback on the Hydroshort? I have always been drawn to the shape, now that it is in DA I am debating between the Hydroshort and the Bom Dia. Going to Mexico this summer (frontside point breaks) and will use either one when the waves get a little bigger. Any insight is appreciated.
I personally think the Hydroshort is the best "shortboard" design in the Tomo line up. The rocker is perfect IMO. I rode a 5'6" all over El Salvador for 5 days straight and it handled all those point breaks perfectly. It handles lowers good, oceanside good. Its just a perfect all around rocker. I had the squash tail and the pin-tail in XTR tech and I think they both went well, but i prefer the squash tail.

Reactions: Goodfish

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
On the other hand, my single least favorite board from Daniel. Just did not like it. Bogged, wasn't drivey, felt dead. I much prefer the MPH boards (OB1, V4, Psyko, etc).

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I think he's asking your opinion which one
LOL - my opinion? Okay, take this with a giant grain of salt...

Evo for around here. Better all around board. But I've never ridden a Vader. My impression is it's pretty wave specific, but mind you I've never ridden one so what do I know? If I had one, I don't even know that I'd ride it at anything other than good and zero crowd Rincon or sandbar. Curren rode one at the Classic one year and blew people's minds. But he only had to contend with 5 other guys in the water. And he's TomFuckingCurren.

Plus I'd never ride a Vader at the J. Good luck getting a wave.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think Duffy would like an Evo out of all of those. Would probably feel similar to his Albums (but faster).

Reactions: sh3

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
The Evos I've had all felt like mini-minimals. They had some milkiness to them, but no where near as electric or spicy as a Vader.

Reactions: jkb

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
The Evos I've had all felt like mini-minimals. They had some milkiness to them, but no where near as electric or spicy as a Vader.
Not disagreeing. Just saying Santa Barbara ain't Indo, sadly. Seriously wish it was.

• Haha
Reactions: Goodfish

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
DAMN!!! So pumped up right now!

The board is shaped and headed to glassing! First one in...

Tony is the freakin mannnn!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1706653562120.png