Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
From the Tomo quote in my above post:
"This new board I’ve got a new hull configuration which is like a spine double-concave Vee hull that blends into a quad-concave Vee out the tail."
Frosty said:
"With this new blend of the Vee into the Quad Inside Single."
What am I missing here?
It may go from a spine double-concave Vee into a quad-concave and then back to Vee out the tail? That's all i can think of.

Reactions: JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Here you go @Retropete "These new rectangular designs with vee-double concave to quad concave, I feel like it is a new benchmark for my designs. I'm just been super excited to release and promote these new shapes. To have them come out in the Dark Arts carbon is going to accentuate their shape and performance. I think it will really blow some people’s minds." - Tomo (Dark Arts Blog Post)

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Sounds great. Basically a blend of the two bottoms and a bit more user friendly off the tail than full Vee bottom.

Reactions: ReForest

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Here you go @Retropete "These new rectangular designs with vee-double concave to quad concave, I feel like it is a new benchmark for my designs. I'm just been super excited to release and promote these new shapes. To have them come out in the Dark Arts carbon is going to accentuate their shape and performance. I think it will really blow some people’s minds." - Tomo (Dark Arts Blog Post)
Right.
So it's not quite a "Vee into the Quad Inside Single". That sounded a bit weird. Whatever it is...
I look forward to seeing one in action.
When do you get yours?

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Never ridden or even held a vader. Why is it not a better graveler with that parallel-railed outline? Rockered for good /steeper waves?
I had my magic one nearly 9 years ago now. I just remember that it liked juicy clean waves. It's was a 5'4 and felt kinda wafer thin. Kinda bogged in weak, mushy stuff. I remember taking it to Indo and all the crusty old Aussies giving me sh!t for my board being too short. They were all on 7'0 pintails that were about as thick as longboards. Sure, they could cruise into the waves early, but the 5'4 Vader had a magic kinda pop that let me just sink the tail and then...whoosh!

P6198898.JPG
P6198962.JPG
P6231932.JPG
P6221081.JPG

A few swoops and swerves...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Reactions: Havoc

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Right.
So it's not quite a "Vee into the Quad Inside Single". That sounded a bit weird. Whatever it is...
I look forward to seeing one in action.
When do you get yours?
I have no idea. Im confused now! I thought I had a handle on the design features but you've thrown me for a tail spin. lol.
Maybe there is a spine all the way through the single concave? :shrug:

Check out the photos.

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2261.jpeg

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
@Goodfish’s Vader looks tiny (but well surfed). Not sure I can ride these anymore or at least I need to be on the RK plan.
I really really want one, but when I go for it I'm going for a 5'7 or 5'8.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I have no idea. Im confused now! I thought I had a handle on the design features but you've thrown me for a tail spin. lol.
Maybe there is a spine all the way through the single concave? :shrug:

Check out the photos.

View attachment 171602

View attachment 171601
Looks like it will go great on the lake behind the boat!
:p

Like JDJ, I can’t go (paddle) as short as I would want to on these MPHs anymore :cry:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Does anyone know if these Tomo's are going to be a limited term offer or should they be available for a while?
I 'm pretty sure Dark Arts will offer his boards year-round, similar to how XTR did, however I believe Dan is going to do a limited run at various times throughout the year where he will come up (from down under) and hand-shape or hand-finish some boards. There will be a "shaping fee" of $200.00 (I believe) for those.