Tomo MPH

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Heads-up, bro ( @Retropete ): Your leash string is on wrong. Highly recommend you peruse the leash string thread. Good read.
You don't think I would have done that on purpose by any chance? Wink wink, nudge nudge.
Btw the quad trailers were way too stiff so put in the stock S wing thruster centre fin in and it felt money.

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
You don't think I would have done that on purpose by any chance? Wink wink, nudge nudge.
Btw the quad trailers were way too stiff so put in the stock S wing thruster centre fin in and it felt money.
I saw S-Wings post something about their fins being made in Volan. They look sick! Probably nice flex too?

Oct 5, 2021
New volcanic cymatic turned up, just in time for me to tear my mcl. Oh well at least it’s summer so not missing too much on the wave front. Compared with same length revo laying one over the other, outline almost identical except the tails, nose width mid section down to front of the front fins almost identical. Rockers also look very similar. Cymatic definitely has a lower rail which I think I will prefer given my normal shortboard is an SKX with quite a low rail. Sharper rail line further up the board too. Does make me wonder if it will grovel as well, but imagine the QISC is going to give a bit more lift. Looking forward to riding it hopefully back in the water before end of January. Volcanic/ basalt glass job looks nice, hopefully performs ok and holds up.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Yuuuup! I've heard whispers here and there but no confirmation. So stoked to hear the news!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think this is really going to help his brand. Having an alternative tech company apart from Firewire and Tomo Tech is almost mandatory nowadays. Too many brands are offering tech options (XTR, Varial, Dark Arts, etc.) that its almost forcing others to enter into those markets to keep up with public demand. Not only that, Justin and his crew are like Firewire 2.0. A lot of the DA crew used to be employed by Firewire. I think this is a win-win and a smart move by the Tomo Brand!

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Could tempt me back to Tomos...He does mid-lengths now, right?

Vader still best Tomo ever. Hydroshort and Hydronaught close seconds. Probably no better Indo board that an Hydronaught...

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think this is really going to help his brand. Having an alternative tech company apart from Firewire and Tomo Tech is almost mandatory nowadays. Too many brands are offering tech options (XTR, Varial, Dark Arts, etc.) that its almost forcing others to enter into those markets to keep up with public demand. Not only that, Justin and his crew are like Firewire 2.0. A lot of the DA crew used to be employed by Firewire. I think this is a win-win and a smart move by the Tomo Brand!
But. I thought Volcanic Magma Tech was the same as carbon build?? LOL
I’m sure it will bring some guys back to try a tomo again who moved on after he quit offering local customs through XTR. It seemed like with his knee issues, he’s been off the radar for most of the surf world the past couple years.
But @ReForest if you think varial is too expensive… buckle up

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

Vader still best Tomo ever. Hydroshort and Hydronaught close seconds. Probably no better Indo board that an Hydronaught...
Agree about the hydronaut.
Riding one of the best rights in the ments , in the middle of the pandemic with barely anyone out on my hyrdo was life changing.
What a great board. Inspires confidence.

Still think his Nano is criminally underrated. One of the best CA shortboards ever.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Tomo really has had such low profile last couple years since he’s been on the IR with his knee. I rarely see his boars in the water and have never seen the latest model Revo. Not sure why they didn’t just get Kelly or Shane Dorian to ride them for a couple months around the release to build interest.
Tomo needs a new Stuey to ride his designs and put out content. Take a page from Album Matt’s book and snag some retired pros. I am blown away by the sheer volume of Album Instagram content. It’s nonstop

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Holy cow! I have some photos of the new models being offered and they are mental! I think this Dark Arts/Tomo collab is gonna be epic!

But @ReForest if you think varial is too expensive… buckle up
I'm ready... I've had some money saved up and it's been burning a hole in my pocket. If Dark Arts and Tomo give the green light, I'll order something today!
Yes. He has a couple midlength's. The El Tomo Grande and the Revo Max. Both twin fins. He has an updated Vader as well that Tomo is claiming as all time! He softened the edges on the nose, made it a little longer in length and updated the bottom hull and added nose channels. It looks pretty sick!!

Jul 15, 2008
Holy cow! I have some photos of the new models being offered and they are mental! I think this Dark Arts/Tomo collab is gonna be epic!

I'm ready... I've had some money saved up and it's been burning a hole in my pocket. If Dark Arts and Tomo give the green light, I'll order something today!

Yes. He has a couple midlength's. The El Tomo Grande and the Revo Max. Both twin fins. He has an updated Vader as well that Tomo is claiming as all time! He softened the edges on the nose, made it a little longer in length and updated the bottom hull and added nose channels. It looks pretty sick!!
@ReForest ! Share the pics!!! ;)

Reactions: Goodfish

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Sounds like sex. Take my money...

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest
Oct 5, 2021

What models are they talking, DA SKX would be all time

Dec 25, 2020
NJ

I love the ranking of the Tomos!!! They all have their niche.

#1 for me is the Evo. It's the most functional board I've ever ridden. And without a doubt the best groveler.

#2 is a split between the Psyko and Hydronaut. Both insane when it's good...

Reactions: Goodfish and WFCody