Tomo MPH

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Stoked that Dan is promoting his custom shapes again! I missed out on the early 2000's so stoked to be able to order on the 2nd go-around.

Maybe a custom Psyko from Dan is the next order... :unsure:

http://instagr.am/p/COtKZBzAfv5/

View attachment 109211
Same. Well, I don’t feel great about shipping a board from Oz to CA, but the custom X-wing I got last year is great. Exactly what I hoped for.

...”the Tomo brand innovation story”?!?
Yikes. That’s quite the corpo speak. Must be some mentoring from Pricey. I thought Tomo was all new age crystals and Hilton’s energy healing! LOL

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think he's just saying that customs and unique board building is what his brand was built on... and he's going back to that.

It appears Hayden Shapes is the one all about crystals in surfboard building :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Is the last pic a hydroshort? Looks good. Aus dollar is a bit too strong right now. Need it to down about 20 cents.

Reactions: ReForest
Sep 16, 2018
I got a hydroshort a while ago. 6'8 and 49.9.litres. I'm 87kgs and low intermediate. I really like the board in good conditions but last week I rode a 6'4 sci fi 2.0 at 42 litres. It felt easier to paddle and wave catching seemed easier. Someone told me since that that Tomos dont size up well and I could be way overvolumed on the hydroshort. Anyone got any similar experiences?
I have a 7'2 CI mid coming next week and am trying to decide which board is best to keep alongside the CI.

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I got a hydroshort a while ago. 6'8 and 49.9.litres. I'm 87kgs and low intermediate. I really like the board in good conditions but last week I rode a 6'4 sci fi 2.0 at 42 litres. It felt easier to paddle and wave catching seemed easier. Someone told me since that that Tomos dont size up well and I could be way overvolumed on the hydroshort. Anyone got any similar experiences?
I have a 7'2 CI mid coming next week and am trying to decide which board is best to keep alongside the CI.
Even at low intermediate, 50L sounds like you are overvolumed. Even 42L is plenty oversized. If possible, try out something closer to 36-40L and see how that feels.
FWIW, I'm 180lbs and ride 31-34L in my Tomos.

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Dang son. Got some of that gouda to spread around? We have a classifieds section for your turn ins.

maybe get a board from someone you can talk to…

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
where do u surf and do u own a surfboard backpack?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
where do u surf and do u own a surfboard backpack?
I am 100% lives and surfs 805 and visits the beach house and CI/burton often for board advise:foreheadslap: one look at SB cl and you can find all the over sized CI's, firewire, and Tomo or what ever beach house has in stock.

Reactions: oeste858

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I am 100% lives and surfs 805 and visits the beach house and CI/burton often for board advise:foreheadslap: one look at SB cl and you can find all the over sized CI's, firewire, and Tomo or what ever beach house has in stock.
Oversized Tomos are full retard. It is not at all intended to be a high volume design.

See so many people riding them.
Typical wave :
arm flailing paddle to awkward take off, two stage pop up, weird straight legged turn, toss a few pizzas while doing a quasimodo bent at the waist "cutback", claim hard and tell Chandler you were ripping!