Tomo MPH

Feb 1, 2020
I've been considering a GMM2 for a while now. I want one, but I know I shouldn't. Must. Control. Urge. To. Order. New. Boards...
Same here. Every time I see one pop up on Craigslist, I consider which board I would need to sell to get to keep the GMM2.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Pretty cool concept and commercial for the SF 2.0.
I've actually been waiting 4 years for this model... (if anyone remembers the original scifi was advertised as having a QISC bottom but was changed at the last minute). It's anyone's guess if this model will do as well as the original at SIMA and SBIA... but i have a feeling the refinements and improvements will surpass the original in performance.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Yea, I recall seeing the OG, and comparing the edges on the channels not looking nearly as pronounced and sharp as what was showed during his talk about the board during the 'Stuey snapper event'.

I thought the final product that went to production looked lacklustre in comparison to be honest, and thought it was a limitation to the bulk production at the time. This latest iteration looks the part though... might go and fondle it at a shop :p

Reactions: ANIMA

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Pretty cool concept and commercial for the SF 2.0.
I've actually been waiting 4 years for this model... (if anyone remembers the original scifi was advertised as having a QISC bottom but was changed at the last minute). It's anyone's guess if this model will do as well as the original at SIMA and SBIA... but i have a feeling the refinements and improvements will surpass the original in performance.
I have an Evo, which has that bottom contour. It would be interesting to know how it would surf with just the deep single concave all the way through or even a double.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Yea, I recall seeing the OG, and comparing the edges on the channels not looking nearly as pronounced and sharp as what was showed during his talk about the board during the 'Stuey snapper event'.

I thought the final product that went to production looked lacklustre in comparison to be honest, and thought it was a limitation to the bulk production at the time. This latest iteration looks the part though... might go and fondle it at a shop :p
I agree... definitely looks the part. Gonna cop one as soon as it hits the shops. :shaka:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Haha, perfect! I'm sure I remember ol' mate Tomo going on about all his boards were gonna be round or torpedo nose boards from now on because they were safer and the point served no purpose. I think it was in a podcast or something. No less than a year to 18 months ago...

Now it seems a lot of his most recent boards are just rehashes of past models (SF 2.0, El Tomo) or just sticking different tails on old MPHs (OB1, Cymatic). The only ones that have really been special over the last few years have been the Hydronaut and Hydroshort.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Yea, it was with Scott Bass /Boardroom show from Jan last year. It might have a caveat on it to say that under his label (customs in AU), will only have round noses

Reactions: Goodfish