Tomo MPH

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
reforest, if I already have a Hydroshort and a Hydronaut to go with my Burches, what should I order from the Tomo custom order to mix it up?

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
reforest, if I already have a Hydroshort and a Hydronaut to go with my Burches, what should I order from the Tomo custom order to mix it up?
Hydronaut and the hydroshort is almost a complete quiver in my opinion. I think the Revo would be a sick board to add to your collection. It’s a longer slimmer more refined Evo. I thought about ordering that model myself.

I think Dan is pretty open to doing anything you want right now. The only thing off the table is the bat tail (unfortunately). I’m pretty sure he would be open to anything else. I actually ordering a custom that has never been made before. It is a cymatic rocker, double diamond tail and torpedo nose. it’s supposed to be just like the OB1 but with a double diamond tail. I placed my order yesterday and it came out to $600 USD (with the 20% off). Shipping is separate once the board is done and should be around $180 USD. So for the same price as a Firewire or XTR you can get a custom hand finished from Dan right now. Not only does the 20% help but the Australian dollar is low right now.

If you have the Hydronaut for big waves and the Hydro short for medium waves you need a good groveler. I would suggest a Revo or an El Tomo or an OB1. Dan is also making a cool model called the x-wing which has the death star tail and torpedo nose. That board looks like a sick grovel board with that wide tail.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Hydronaut and the hydroshort is almost a complete quiver in my opinion. I think the Revo would be a sick board to add to your collection. It’s a longer slimmer more refined Evo. I thought about ordering that model myself.

I think Dan is pretty open to doing anything you want right now. The only thing off the table is the bat tail (unfortunately). I’m pretty sure he would be open to anything else. I actually ordering a custom that has never been made before. It is a cymatic rocker, double diamond tail and torpedo nose. it’s supposed to be just like the OB1 but with a double diamond tail. I placed my order yesterday and it came out to $600 USD (with the 20% off). Shipping is separate once the board is done and should be around $180 USD. So for the same price as a Firewire or XTR you can get a custom hand finished from Dan right now. Not only does the 20% help but the Australian dollar is low right now.

If you have the Hydronaut for big waves and the Hydro short for medium waves you need a good groveler. I would suggest a Revo or an El Tomo or an OB1. Dan is also making a cool model called the x-wing which has the death star tail and torpedo nose. That board looks like a sick grovel board with that wide tail.
That the V4RN? Looks pretty fun. Yeah, those boards are a steal right now. Never liked the EVOs I had, so wary of going REVO. Trying to decide between an OB1, a Vader or something like you've ordered...

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Here is a picture of the OB1 and the Xwing. The one I ordered should have the same outline as these, but with a double diamond. Basically an upgraded V4 is what i would call it. Dan made a V5 for Japan which I would say is more like the board im getting.

Reactions: SharkBoy

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Re-Forest: Do you think Dan would make a Nano or one of his old school MPHs?
I emailed them and a guy by the name of Hilton said they could do a Nano version 3 with the QISC. I was asking about a small wave Tomo MPH. They said Nano V3, OB1 or El Tomo. I kinda like the idea of the X-Wing. Torpedo nose, double diamond tail. Sounds good.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
I'm pretty sure he will do any of his traditional shapes. I wonder how a Vader or Deathstar would be with the QISC? :unsure:

If i were you goodfish I would give the OB1 a go or the X-wing. You could also order the same one I ordered and we can both be test pilots. :)

Reactions: JDJ

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Here's the info I got on the X-Wing from Daniel's customer service manager, Hilton:

"...good for japan cali weak style summer waves , has a little more pop precise feel and zing to it than say a obi which is more flow and easy to ride ;;if you are good to excellent this x wing is the board"

Unknown-5.jpeg
Unknown-6.jpeg

OB1 for me then! :sneaky:

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth