• I will not be attending this thinly-veiled gay code poll NTTIAWWT

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
ok, so, the definitive poll. I've surfed and partied and travelled with dozens of you guys over the years. Other than that unsuccessful Booze Cruise plan back in 2010, i would say the overwhelming majority of the times that i have made plans with fellow erBBers, be it for a quick surf, lunch, dinner, full-on surf trip, perhaps a courtesy flight using Subway's FF miles, etc. I have come through, and great times were had by all. Hell I've even taken a few of you shooting, golfing, out to sportsball games in really good seats, you name it.

So, simple poll. Have i ever let any of you down?

Side note- i think this is my first poll

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
ok, so, the definitive poll. I've surfed and partied and travelled with dozens of you guys over the years. Other than that unsuccessful Booze Cruise plan back in 2010, i would say the overwhelming majority of the times that i have made plans with fellow erBBers, be it for a quick surf, lunch, dinner, full-on surf trip, perhaps a courtesy flight using Subway's FF miles, etc. I have come through, and great times were had by all. Hell I've even taken a few of you shooting, golfing, out to sportsball games in really good seats, you name it.

So, simple poll. Have i ever let any of you down?

Side note- i think this is my first poll
“i was talkin’ to subway...”

my second pole was a waitress from flamingo east, 2nd ave., between 12th & 13th...

:beer:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Embrace it ffs.

Stop whining, it’s unbecoming and won’t change anything.

xoxoxo

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It’s been 12 years I’ll whine as much as I damn well please thank you very much

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was going to throw a $5,000 booze cruise for a great gathering of real life and internet friends in Newport CA. Researched the boat and got menu quotes and everything. We were going to use wedding money for the booze cruise (this was being planned for an early summer date, 2010, a month or so after our wedding). However on our wedding invite, sent months prior, i had the bright idea to suggest donations to the Southampton hospital breast cancer center and Doctors Without Borders in lieu of gifts and lo and behold that’s what people did. No wedding cash meant no booze cruise, hence: “Subway’d”

the thread was long and hysterical. A saga, really, with a woefully anticlimactic ending

i righted that wrong on the guess who got invited to the surfer poll thread :waving::)

Last edited:

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
we have surfed together perhaps more than any other erBB freinds i have. maybe sh3 or kuno, otf, and 20W, but man, when you throw a shindig, it's all out. looking forward to the next one. i'll bring the corona.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and keenfish

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sorry ese I’m 165 now and ride normal volume boards again. all the high volume short boards and fishies are gathering dust on the rack on the back deck

Reactions: santacruzin

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
“i was talkin’ to subway...”

my second pole was a waitress from flamingo east, 2nd ave., between 12th & 13th...

:beer:
Ha I remember that place. i lived on 10h and university. Had a GF for a long time (late 90s) family lived in a brownstone on 11th between 2nd and 3rd

hell freshman year you could still buy nasty street coke on 13th and 1st

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Ha I remember that place. i lived on 10h and university. Had a GF for a long time (late 90s) family lived in a brownstone on 11th between 2nd and 3rd

hell freshman year you could still buy nasty street coke on 13th and 1st
my 2nd place in the city was a studio on 11th between 1st & A — 11th between 2nd & 3rd is MUCH nicer... back then 12th bet 1st & A was the big coke block...richard hell lived over there...:jamon:

one of my friends had worked with one of the FE partners down at odeon. the partner guy had REALLY good taste in his waitress assortment... i used to fool around with a film major chick who was going to your sleezy alma mater. she was 1/2 dutch 1/2 indonesian - father was a diplo at the u.n... a little snot — she had a really good john lurie/mudd club story... among others.:roflmao:

ps - might’ve been before your time, but 11th & 2nd ave. always had a crew of scary looking strung-out prostitutes that inhabited that corner — you could have satisfied the 3 major needs if you copped on 13th, risked a v.d. blowjob, and then had japanese food at one of the several decent places nearby...a great night out !

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Lot of good sushi in that zone for sure.

That long ago ex girlfriend- she had all kinds of funny "prostitutes across the street" stories from her childhood in the 80s. She specifically talked about how that empty lot on 11th and 2nd was full of hookers until NYU built a residence hall there in the mid 90s (it was basically brand new when i started there in 97)

She and her little sister would literally get "chatted up" by the hookers on their way home from Grace Church day school. Nothing threatening, sounds like they were an unsavory but generally accepted part of that neighborhood

I miss mid-late 90's NYC. Cleaned up and WAY safer/nicer than the 70's and 80's (and early 90's) but still had enough of an edge to keep it interesting. Literally the perfect environment for a young budding alcoholic and coke head. Just freshman year alone held enough chaos and craziness to fill a book. I look at 18 and 19 year olds now, like my nephew, and i just cannot imagine any of them bar hopping around the village, hitting the after hours bars (cop owned primarily) until 8 or 9 or noon, buying coke off the streets (until i got the magic delivery service) and being generally good natured collegiate degenerates in one of the best cities in the world to be a degenerate 18-21 year old

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
the good old days before your little glassines were branded with rubber stampings like “moet chandon”, “rebel yell”, or “grand slam”, the creeps were doing primitive differentiaton with colored tape to seal the bags... like “yo! we got green tape here!” “get some green tape...!”

from 11th, stroll east a block or two, a few blocks south... chinese rock time!

:jamon::jamon::jamon:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway