Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Great point, why am I considering ordering something when I haven’t even checked out Oeste’s new boars since got dry docked??

Reactions: oeste858

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Sultwinn or Roswell for a wave hoggin good time at crowded Santa Cruz points/reefs including taking over the longboard spots - waist to OH?
Yes. This is the way.

If you’re a regular footer only going right, then Sultwinn. If you like thrusters or quads and surf on your backhand, then Roswell. But this is splitting hairs.

mattew

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 7, 2007
Santa cruz
Yes. This is the way.

If you’re a regular footer only going right, then Sultwinn. If you like thrusters or quads and surf on your backhand, then Roswell. But this is splitting hairs.
Yep regular footer going right! Never owned a real twin before either, only thrusters and a quad for a little bit. I don't see how it can't be a blast for this purpose though. How's it paddle?

KPindaOC

OTF status
Nov 25, 2012
Sultwin paddles great. Not of fan in small 2-3ft waves but around chest-HH+ point waves it’s so fun, especially when you’re dealing with a crowd. So easy on my forehand that it feels like I’m not really improving that much, but then again improving is overrated. Having fun where it’s at. Highlines, swooping cutbacks, even did a little straight air last week. Easy peasy.

Hard to read dims under the tint but I think it’s 6’4” x 20.25” x 2.5” with foiled out rails. Would have maybe gone under 20” wide but Tim convinced me not to. Still kinda curious though.

mattew

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 7, 2007
Santa cruz
Sultwin paddles great. Not of fan in small 2-3ft waves but around chest-HH+ point waves it’s so fun, especially when you’re dealing with a crowd. So easy on my forehand that it feels like I’m not really improving that much, but then again improving is overrated. Having fun where it’s at. Highlines, swooping cutbacks, even did a little straight air last week. Easy peasy.

Hard to read dims under the tint but I think it’s 6’4” x 20.25” x 2.5” with foiled out rails. Would have maybe gone under 20” wide but Tim convinced me not to. Still kinda curious though.
Thanks for the feedback! I got a really thorough response from Tim and he recommended a 6'10" x 21.25" x 2.63 Roswell. What fin setups do guys like on these typically?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
why do sultwinns seem to be on smaller size and roswells larger

nevermind I see the outline differences.

I think I want a sullquad

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
Newbies....Traveling Banjo and Rerun/flare combo. Really hope the RR/Flare is a keeper been struggling with enjoying SBs as of late. Tim tried steering me towards a rounded pin but just something in his swallow tails? I just sold a Album Insanity and kind of reminds of a friendlier type?
Curiously, I just dialed my next order with Tim and is basically the same board. ReRun with Flare rocker, round tail in my case, and a shallow double concave deck. Dims, 5’9”:x 19 3/4

Reactions: j_mac and Woke AF
Dec 15, 2019
I'm not 100%sure? I would have to go through my emails with Tim. If I remember correctly everything on mine is RR except the bottom contours being umtimFlare style

Reactions: j_mac and JDJ