SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Reactions: JDJ

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Locking in a 6'2" channeled version of the updated Spark Plug for Fall. Can't wait. I have a v1.0 that is my go-to good wave board for around my house. Pure magic on the day/spot in this clip.

Which Spark Plug? The OG, retro or Sparkbox? Or is this a one off?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019
I'm not 100%sure? I would have to go through my emails with Tim. If I remember correctly everything on mine is RR except the bottom contours being umtimFlare style
So email from Tim "the same Flare curves and contours just with the deck profiles and thickness flow up through the nose filled in a bit more. "

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
AM2 thrusters
Have you tried any other fins?

In my 5' 8" Flare that is fairly wide for me, I preferred the AMs.

For the more right-sized 5' 7" Flare, I really like the Pyzel Larges over the AMs, as expected they provide more release with enough drive that matches the board better IMO. And I am one that likes more drive.

Yesterday in 3ft waves, the 5' 7" Flare was perfect, got a lot of good waves with solid turns. For shitty waves, I had a blast. Considering most were on midlengths and longboards, I was scoring.

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
Have you tried any other fins?

In my 5' 8" Flare that is fairly wide for me, I preferred the AMs.

For the more right-sized 5' 7" Flare, I really like the Pyzel Larges over the AMs, as expected they provide more release with enough drive that matches the board better IMO. And I am one that likes more drive.

Yesterday in 3ft waves, the 5' 7" Flare was perfect, got a lot of good waves with solid turns. For shitty waves, I had a blast. Considering most were on midlengths and longboards, I was scoring.
I like the Dane Reynolds in mine a lot as well as the cf Timmy Pattersons

Reactions: j_mac

KPindaOC

OTF status
Nov 25, 2012
I really like the Machado Blackstix in my 5’7” Flare. WCTs as well. I don’t know why but I didn’t really click with the EA Blackstix which are almost the same outline as the Machados.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What does that mean F4? Why wouldn’t he like that as a center fin? Too stiff?
Wut? Lol

f4, like the f4, f6, f8 “futures” template.

I was saying he probs like the muchacho set over EA bc the fronts, as he points out are basically the same, the only difference is the center fin - the muchacho set uses the smaller F4 template, not the similar sized EA.

Reactions: j_mac