Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
banjo has some looseness which is nice when it’s smaller but not nearly as much pivot the flare tail ob the fuse.

are you trying to hit the lip or high line to the beach with some cutties on the way?

Former is fuse and latter is banjo, imo. I never fused but I have that ass on my flare, imo and ymmv. My banjo is also tim’s keels or hobies only.

Reactions: bird.LA and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
banjo has some looseness which is nice when it’s smaller but not nearly as much pivot the flare tail ob the fuse.

are you trying to hit the lip or high line to the beach with some cutties on the way?

Former is fuse and latter is banjo, imo. I never fused but I have that ass on my flare, imo and ymmv. My banjo is also tim’s keels or hobies only.
at my current skill level i don't think i can pivot. i'm having trouble just catching the wave in the critical spot and then jetting down the line to my sig move: a bog rail cutback.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
at my current skill level i don't think i can pivot. i'm having trouble just catching the wave in the critical spot and then jetting down the line to my sig move: a bog rail cutback.
if you’re not gonna pivot why not tkf?

my glass on tkf was a rocket ship on baby waves. Banjo has less bottom end, mind does anyways.

Reactions: Havoc

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
This bums me out. You need get on the oeste demo program like half of SD. LOL. The majority of
current quiver evolved from minsim/fish and is pretty much cheat code / user friendly!
I think the tough thing with The WTFO and those easy speed / wide point fwd / flat entry rocker boars is keeping them short enough to fit into curvier waves and also consciously getting back on the tail to handle a steeper drop or section… in my humble experience.
DM me and I’ll try to think of some more options besides what we’ve already mentioned.

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Banjo is a perfect SoCal board for this. It also works really well when the surf gets bigger; I like to open up the bag of tricks to include the "You go" nod even though I am in the sweet spot.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
so fuse or banjo quad as a dd for small to medium days for old kook
I'd go fuse, glided into waves (felt like you have that extra second to pop up) but if you surf it as a thruster you can still do some wiggles. I surfed mine in junk as a quad, switched to thruster when a decent wave was on offer. Went well as both.

Retodd posted a fusebox (fuse cross-pollinated with gigglebox) a while back, looked sick.