Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’ve only modtly ridden my flare as a quad, oddly enough, as I only thruster box’d my GX.

when thrusting I liked upright pivot fins. dont need too mucb fin for these boards.

Reactions: j_mac and Aruka

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
They're among us

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Maiden voyage on my Flare this a.m. It seemed like almost no adjustment was needed from riding my CI NB2 and HS Psych Germ. The board felt familiar, nice and quick. It was waist high (maybe a few CH waves) back-washy, but I got a decent little wrap in and felt like I could pretty much do anything I wanted if I wasn't coming off an injury.

Today was my third day back in the water since a grade II sprain on 3/19, so I'm not pushing anything too hard until there's no pain. I was wearing one of those lace-up supports (Med Spec ASO) on by back foot so things feel a little weird.

I ran Filipe Toledo larges, just because I didn't feel like pulling my Kolohe larges or MF larges out of my other boards and they felt great. The board has instantaneous speed which is the main thing I need at my local spot since the waves are typically really short.

One of the best first impressions I've had with a bort in quite a while. I'm stocked and can't wait to be back to 100% so I can actually throw it around a bit.

Last edited: