Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

JJMike

OTF status
Oct 11, 2014
Orange County, Ca
I tried to order an eps / epoxy log from Mr. Stamps as well. The only options at the moment are possibly Jose Barahona and Roger Hinds, but supply could be an issue.

why eps on a log? why not give it a go. not just for hp longboards. I've ridden plenty of traditional logs and had fun on them, but also had fun on cj nelson and even surftech shapes. so a handshaped eps makes sense to me to give up some weight and glide for a lighter weight whippy and floaty ride.

just some counterpoints. But really thinking of going pu / pe with Tim for my next one, he is the man!

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
I’ve seen the boards. They’re super nice. Sublime just isn’t loving the stringerless. 99% certain they are glassed in poly by Tim with all work other than cutting blank performed in house.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Thinking about selling varial spark box to fund a new purchase and because I want a poly, if anyone is interested let me know.

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Question for ya.
I'm looking at the Flare. Very very average joe surfer. Are they user friendly for someone who doesn't own a thruster and surfs mainly quads and twins?
How does it go in soft, average waves?
Thank you.

Last edited: